Customer reviews

on 5 June 2008
I used an older edition of this book and have just updating to this new edition. Really valuable - clear and concise information. The stuff on marketing to librarians and email marketing is particularly useful for me. Should be on shelf (or on the desk!) in every publishing company marketing dept.
on 3 March 2009
I bought this book as it was recommended by my marketing lecturer (I study publishing at Master's level). I had never done anything marketing-related and found this book helpful and pleasant to read.
The writing is neither stuffy nor academic but very informative. Baverstock is also a fairly humorous writer (as humorous as one can be when talking about marketing...).

Recommended by most of my coursemates and lecturers :D
on 29 October 2011
"How to Market Books" lives up to the title. Baverstock is the authority on publishing marketing, and this is the "bible" of book marketing texts. The second-hand copy I bought was in such mint condition that it might as well have been new.How to Market Books: The Essential Guide to Maximizing Profit and Exploiting All Channels to Market
on 12 October 2001
Well laid out and written in easy to understand English, this book is ideal as a learning resource or a quick reference guide. Now that I have a copy it will become well used within months. As a first-time publishing marketeer it has been one of the most valuable aspects of my induction.
on 27 March 2013
Marketing Your Book is an excellent book. It is very accessible, useful and helpful. I'd recommend it to anyone seeking an agent or publisher - Christopher Owen, writer
on 3 May 2015
The best book out there on marketing books for publishers! The wealth of information in it saves bags of time in research. I'll be using it all the time for my study.
on 8 November 2013
this book explains marketing in publishing in an easy, very practical and simple way. I would recommend it to anybody who seeks advice for a hands-on approach.
on 28 January 2003
This book was not clearly layed out and hard to follow.This book varied a lot from bad to worse. I just found it wasn't what I looking for as it was nearly impossible to know what Alison was banging on about
on 19 March 2013
Great book. Its wtitten really well, keeps you interested. It helps with great ideas i would reccommend to anyone in publishing large or small u will learn something new.