on 9 February 2015
Love this book. I spend so much time using these skills against my friends and family that they have become a little annoyed by it.:) :)
on 18 February 2001
This book provided me with excellent information on verbal reasoning tests. It begins by giving you an overview of what the tests are looking for, and then goes on to remind you of the rules of English; many of which none of us have learnt since we were in secondary school.
From this basis there are then a variety of practice questions, and then mock exams. This is extremely useful as the practice questions help to get you up to speed, and then the exam helps you get use to the timed conditions.
I have found this to be a very valuable text, and am convinced that it has helped me to pass recent Verbal Reasoning Tests. It is very easy to read, and provides you with just the right amount of information to equip you with the necessary skills for the exams.
I would not hesitate to recommend this text to anybody - an absolute must for anybody having to face the daunting challenge of Verbal Reasoning Tests!
on 13 September 2011
Great purchase, the book had a good variety of exercises to practice and prepared me well for my assessment... I passed! :-))
on 25 April 2015
Good price and prompt servicc
on 19 October 2011
I bought that book hoping it will give me some more insight into method when solving verbal reasoning test but I am afraid this book is a bit too old and doesn't show modern verbal reasoning test examples...it was cheap though but if you want new test examples search for something better.
on 31 July 2001
I am training for a career with the greater manchester county fire service.whilest looking for information on recruitment on there web pages i was given examples of books to buy. one of which was HOW TO PASS VERBAL REASONING (By Dr Harry Tolley professor at the University of Nottingham,and Dr Ken Thomas a chartered psychologist and author). I would like to thank them both for re-opening my mind to a world I had forgot was there.Whilest reading there book I have been given a hole new understanding of written english.I have also a better understanding of exams,the way they work and how to handle the nervousness before the exams, which is all thanks to this book and HOW TO PASS NUMERACY TESTS (Dr Harry Tolley and Dr Ken Thomas).I have never been a "reading type" of person but i will be buying more of there books as I want to be as prepared as possible.
22 Comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse