Customer reviews

on 27 July 2017
A must for annual updates and documentation forms
on 10 October 2017
its perfect for my studies
on 1 October 2017
very massive and full of important info
on 22 October 2017
Very happy with this purchase. Thanks
on 2 May 2002
As a CIMA Student, I have found this book extremely useful for Paper 11 (OM) and no doubt will find it just a useful in later papers. As a supervisor I have found it practical and helpful in all areas of work directly and indirectly linked with staff management. A very good reference book for managers and students alike.
on 15 April 2002
Michael Armstrongs book is an invaluable tool for anyone new to management or to general HRM.
His topic coverage is so wide ranging as to leave nothing uncovered and whilst the number of topics does not lend itself to huge indepth coverage, it gives you more than enough information to be able to practically use. Should you wish to research further into any topic, there are numerous excellent references.
I have been using the book in conjuction with my P&D masters degree but find that I use it just as much in my day to day work.
The issues covered range from strategic HRM to specic team focus issues (motivation, teamworking etc) and in between cover the whole gamut of HRM from recruitment to employee realtions,from organisational learning to knowledge management.
Nothing is omitted.
If you are new to management, this book could become your bible. I highly recommend it.
VINE VOICEon 3 January 2009
This text is excellent for anyone who is studying Human Resources or trying to deepen their understanding of the subject. Unlike other texts that are difficult to 'access' this one is well laid out and easy to understand.

I find that when other texts do not give the coverage that I require, this one does and offers perspectives on it as well. I am surprised by how often I do dip back into it to further my understanding.

If you want a book that gives the overall coverage, as well as a degree of depth in the subject areas then this is a definite buy.
on 4 March 2009
A comprehensive and clear book which deals with all the issues and reads suprisingly well. Only issue not much on career development as a total concept and what an all encompassing plan would entail but I guess that is a minor issue. In short: impressive, comprehensive and clear.
on 1 August 2013
This is the best book you will ever buy for human resources management. I'm currently studying for my BA in business and this book has been useful every time. It can look a little intimidating by the sheer size of it but he writing is quite big and easy to read and the content is everything you can need. It touches on many subjects and is helpful for other subjects too. Amazing prices as well as in second hand book shop or new in a store can be astronomical. I bought mine second hand and the quality is brand new.
on 23 December 2014