on 11 October 2017
The best book for interview preparation; I've done a fair few interviews and this book raises questions and issues that you may not have even thought of as relevant until you read it and see how they link the interview. A must for anyone in the jobs-market
on 21 June 2016
A friend told me that everyone he recommends this book to gets the job offer every time. I took his word for it and bought the book. My stats are played 2, and won 2! This book definitely works for me, try it for yourself.
on 24 March 2017
Got me through my interviews. Highly recommended
on 5 June 2015
This book helped me get my dream job!
on 3 February 2015
Good onE
on 4 June 2001
This book is indispensible to job hunters in any profession. Once you have read and understood (and understanding is vital) exactly what interviewers are looking for, answering any question they throw at you is easy.
The key concepts in the book are centered around preparation and persistance. I whole-heartedly agree. Particularly, you can never do too much preparation.
I've used this book before every job hunt and everytime I've got multiple interviews and job offers. In fact, I'm often disappointed that the real-life interviewer's questions weren't nearly as tough as those in the book! You end up having to lead the interviewer to tougher questions in order to get your points across.
Criticisms? Well, yes, the dressing style guide is a little out of date The general prinicples are fine, just take the specifics with a pinch of salt. Also, the author's advice is sometimes a little pushy, perhaps because the book was originally an American publication. In the UK, a little more diplomacy might be appropriate. As always, one should always apply one's own judgement and style in such matters.
In conclusion, a fantastic book - I wouldn't be where I am without it.
on 26 November 2017
Too general, lack of examples
on 28 April 2001
At last a book with detailed answers to those tough HR question...Why should I offer you this job?..what is your greatest weakness.No one ever gets prepared for such questions but now we know a lot more on handling such questions.You can be the best technically but if you have not bought this book I doubt how you'd pass a HR test. A book to set you free and get that job.
on 27 June 2014
Great this is product. Prior to the purchase i struggled to get a call from agency on my job application. After i applied the steps presented in this book to produce a killer CV, my phone had not stop ringing. Now its time to capitalise on the interview strategy and nail down that job. Good work, this a continual improvement process for me.
on 17 August 2004
I was very disappointed by the interview material in this supposedly great book. The answers suggested are long out of date and would be instantly recognisable to any experienced interviewer as being cliches. I am amazed that this sort of 'clockwork' approach to interview preparation still finds an audience.
That being said, I did enjoy some of the other elements of the book - particularly Mr Yates material on using the telephone and finding a job in the hidden jobs market. His book on internet jobhunting is quite good too.
Avoid this one if you are goiong to be facing a skilled interviewer - it will just lead you into trouble.