Captain Corelli's Mandolin
Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 November 2017
I was visiting the Island of Kefalonia and bought this book as a holiday read. I thoroughly enjoyed the style of writing and how historical facts were sensitively interwoven into the story's thread. The island of kefalonia is beautiful and the author has captured the spirit and essence of its landscape and people perfectly.
on 14 May 2017
A good read. Better than the film which is usually the case. The last quarter of the book skips of a long period of time very quickly though which was strange and did spoil it a bit.
on 26 March 2017
I loved this book. Couldn't put it down however, I do feel that the latter half of the book seemed to lose direction and cause.

The last few chapters left me angered at characters I once loved and caused me to grieve over Pelagia's wasted and unfulfilled life.

The first half is beautiful, witty and addictive and the novel, in it's entirety, would have been held in this light had it concluded without whizzing through Pelagia's life span to reach it's pitiful close.
on 29 July 2016
Felt I had to read it as its a classic. The history was extremely interesting, however you could skip the first 200 pages and still have a great read that didn't take so long to warm up.
on 23 September 2017
Second attempt at !listening to this audio book. I am loving it so far and got to chapter 46 then I archived my storage and it has gone back to chapter one and have uploaded to chapter 22 and stopped up loading. I reset and it went back to chapter and will load no further than chapter 17. This has happened to a couplke of books I listen to on Amazon Fire, So won't be buying anymore audio
on 12 August 2017
Not got very far with this I like. Story you get straight into
on 18 July 2017
This is a an excellent book that does not pull any punches. If you have seen the film read the book as the film cuts out about 50% of the book,
on 27 June 2017