on 28 January 2017
I have never been one to read self help books and picked this one up out of curiosity but with also a little wariness. I thought I might pick up a technique or two for dealing with worry... What a surprise! This book not only gave me techniques, it challenged views I held, reminded me of things forgotten or taken for granted and helped me get some perspective. The problem with worry is that it often makes you feel alone. This book reminded me that I'm not the one to worry! Stupid but true. The anecdotes were brilliant and inspirational. I learnt a lot and can't praise this book enough.
on 19 January 2018
I gave it 5 stars due to the books ability to advise on practical steps that can be taken to stop worrying. It's preceeds many other self help books and seems to be the basis of their content.

Though it seems a little old fashioned at first, It is clear from its originality that the author has a deep understanding if how to overcome worry and stress.

I believe its a case of using a combination of the things suggested that work for you.
on 4 October 2016
One of the best books I've ever read. Lots of great examples and really easy to read. I highly recommend this book. Also check out how to win friends and influence people. It's life changing.
on 11 March 2018
Apart from how it enriches/improves your life as a self-help book, it is a very interesting read. Dale Carnegie was a talented man. Recommended 100%, it has advice and anecdotes which will help whether you're just having some current life troubles, or you have anxiety/depression. It will help even if only a little bit.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 May 2016
I bought this book as a Christmas present for a family member, which could have been received either well or very badly! But it went down very well - so well that he occasionally quotes from it. It's a great bedtime read, and definitely helps him to relax.
on 16 October 2016
Classic well written book that I found a great help in ordering things that can conspire to get you down. Bought this for a friend.
on 18 May 2014
This edition of a wonderful book was disappointing.
There are no page numbers and the book is not divided into chapters.
I found several printing errors too.
There was no publisher in the book either.
Dale Carnegie is a brilliant motivator, but this edition of his book was poor.
on 17 November 2015
I really enjoyed reading this book and it's given me countless ways to combat worry from the petty things that bug you on a daily basis to the huge things in life.
on 12 November 2016
Great book to read if you have anxiety, or you life is going off track. Full of practical uplifting tips.
on 10 January 2018
This Book has helped my son. thank you