Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 June 2017
I love Dale Carnegie, his books are personable, are sympathetic to a readers concerns and provide easy solutions to life's problems
on 27 August 2017
A timeless classic that shows you that fear of public speaking is truly just in your own mind. It is full of tips and quotations from people who have overcome their own fears. A must buy!
on 12 April 2017
One of the best authors I know, thank you!
on 4 April 2013
It is a great book, I am always a fan of Dale Carnegie. Thanks
on 29 August 2017
👍🏽
on 22 July 2016
This Book is more for like An Oscar Speech, A Wedding Speech, a Political Election Speech or something like this, it does state its for ''Public speaking and influencing men in business'' but its not for every day Conversations, this is just my take on it, and I'm just some ordinary guy, that wouldn't put too much thought into this type of book after a few chapters. I wouldn't take my word for it' when I say its no good, or give it 3 stars, as I haven't read it fully to understand the whole concept.
on 9 February 2017
Content-wise okay, slightly disappointing and in essence familiar themes from earlier books, his first two classic books 'how to stop worrying' and 'how to make friends....' are probably all you will ever need. There is no need to edit original texts, and update names etc to pander to us modern people. I enjoyed the quirkiness and 'of its time' of the original books in their original covers and un-edited manuscripts. Also big mistake the type is terrible to read, almost like a scan of original but then slightly thickened up, very, very difficult to get through.
on 27 November 2015
I don't understand why this book is so well acclaimed. Its old and stale

James Black Private Investigator UK and International (Google me)
on 7 March 2015
ok
on 19 March 2009
Very useful book! So easy to read and a great follow up to 'how to win friends and influence people'. Many criticise Carnegie's writing style and say he could just publish a list of do's and dont's. I believe that lists are ok but do not allow a deeper understanding of the message! The examples Carnegie uses are timeless and you can mirror the efforts in everyday conversations, meetings and e-mail not only in public speach making. Would recommend to anybody!