on 24 June 2014
This is a murder mystery with a bit of history thrown in. I enjoyed the plot. A perfect book for a sunny day in the garden. The main characters seem interesting enough and I am reading the next book in the series to see how they develop. Yes, it's a bit unbelievable in parts but if I wanted real life I wouldn't be reading fiction!
on 3 February 2016
It took a while for the story to really get going (hence 4 stars rather than 5), but I think Martin E was setting up the setting and characters for a series of books to follow. Am looking forward to reading the rest of the books.
on 2 November 2017
Enjoyed this novel and will be looking forward to reading some more from this author.
on 3 December 2017
Really interesting with a good twist at the end. Will certainly read more of his books
on 3 January 2015
Having read the first book in the series, The Coffin Trail, I looked forward to reading The Cipher Garden and was not disappointed. I like the characters and the way that the various plot lines weave together. The writing is intelligent and provides detail in a natural way as part of the story, which I like. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series to find out how the lives of the various characters are progressing but also knowing that there will be an interesting plotline.
on 18 December 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this, the first time I have read any of his books, would certainly read more.
on 20 November 2014
Quite a good story but I didn't get much sense of the Lake District from it. It could have been set anywhere.
on 28 August 2017
Really enjoyed reading this
on 10 July 2015
good read
on 18 January 2015
Easy read - love the character development. Have since read cipher garden and enjoyed that too.