Customer reviews

Rose Garden, The
Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 May 2015
I have not persevered with this story as I have not been able to engage with any of the characters. Even two or three chapters into the book, the direction of the plot is not really defined. It can't make up its mind whether it wants to be a supernatural tale or a story about the establishment of a co-operative family business. I think it is trying to appeal to too wide an audience, therefore not targeting anyone.
on 23 September 2017
I've got to say this is the best book I've read in a long time. The story kept me guessing all the way to the end and it was such a good ending too. The only tiny negative for me is I wish there'd been a few more pages at the end which would've been a more satisfying conclusion but that's just me because I loved the story and wanted to know more. The characters are very likeable, I think I fell in love a little with Fergal! I will definitely read more from this author.
on 1 August 2011
The third one I have read of Miss Kearsley's and although the other two were excellent, I think I enjoyed this one the most. Maybe it is because I am used to her style of writing now.

However, I was not prepared for the ending of this one!! Definitely quite complex in its unravelling and very thought provoking. I am still a little perplexed by it.

A definite "buy" if you have enjoyed her others, and an even more definite "buy" if you have never read any others!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 28 July 2011
Yes I loved this book it has all the things I like in a book , the history , the time travel , the romance with the sexy hero.What is there not to like. I read it on a very wet holiday in cornwall and loved every minute of it as Cornwall is where it is set.The plot is easy to follow but does have a twist at the end which is fantastic. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.
on 3 October 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. I wouldn't want to spoil the story by commenting on specifics or the twist at the end. Didn't want to put it down, nor did I want it to end. Loved the characters.
on 5 January 2015
I bought this as a Daily Deal because it was on offer. Glad I did as it is the first Susanna Kearsley novel I have read. I will read more. I really enjoyed it. Easy to read, nice way of writing and a good storyline.
on 12 May 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. A magical tale, which made you think that anything might be possible, yet seemed realistic enough to be plausible. A good twist at the end.
on 19 September 2017
lovely read!
on 28 December 2014
Fascinating and enchanting story, beautifully written. While not my usual choice of book I was engrossed from start to finish.
on 20 August 2017
A great easy read. It was a perfect holiday book and I would definitely recommend it.