Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 October 2011
This book absolutley blew me away! I got it delivered on Monday and finished it in 5 hours. Just couldn't put it down. I was on a rollercoaster of emotions the entire way through. Was laughing at the beginning and crying at the end. Without a doubt the best morganville book yet! Can't wait to see what Ms Caine thinks of next. Would definetly reccomend this book!
on 26 October 2011
I was so excited about the release of this book and it did not disappoint me. These books just get better and better each time a new one released. I loved it and yes sobbed my heart out. For those who have not read this you have got to it is absolutely amazing. I am just hoping there will be another book soon to continue this fantastic collection. A must read for all. 10 out of 10.
on 25 October 2011
Got this delivered on Monday and had finished it by bed time! I just couldn't put it down. Not an exactly seamless follow on from Bite Club, but by book 11 you should know the characters now anyway. Written in the mindset of various characters throughout the book which makes a good story even more enjoyable. Definitely one of the best Morganville books to date, leaves you screaming for no. 12 to hurry up and be here already. Shame the next one is six months away.
on 18 November 2012
Things never are easy for the people in Morganville as three vampires have gone missing and the last person seen with them is a stranger in town called Magnus. As Claire digs deeper she discovers that Magnus is something different and that Vampires are not the top predator, something else preys on them. This is a very emotional book, where the reader experiences highs and lows along with the characters. This book also answers the question which has been annoying me since the first book; why do vampires live in the desert? Last Breath is a vast improvement over Bite Club and would recommend this to anyone who likes the rest of the Morganville series.
on 21 December 2011
I have loved all of the morganville books and was eagerly awaiting this one's release. It definitely didn't disappoint. So good I read it in two days (would have been shorter but it got confiscated by my dad because i was reading so much!!)

I got really suspicious at the start of the book when I saw Rachel Caine's note about how there would be a twelfth book no matter what happened throughout this one, and this added to the tension because you just know something big is going to happen.

This book delved into the world of Amelie and what the true motives of the Morganville vampires are, making it more informative and suspense-filled than all of the other books. It built up the relationship between the four living in the glass house and their comeraderie, creating even more reasons for the reader to be completely on their side, but also created a better understanding for why the vampires behave the way they do.

I thought since it was the eleventh book it might be a bit repetitive from the other books, but anyone who thinks this is completely wrong. Halfway through the book Rachel Caine wrote something that left me completely shocked and amazed at how she was going to write more! But good old Myrnin gets himself involved and all was resolved.

Definitely recommend the series to anyone who likes this genre. Can't wait for the next book!!!
on 20 April 2014
The Morganville series is a tweenish series of books about a girl named Clair. She moves to Morganville and quickly finds out that the town is run by vampires. She finds solace with a group of misfits who band together to survive. As each book is introduced danger ensues in various ways.

This book is great if you've read books like, Twilight, the Gone series or Vampire academy.

I am at university and these books take me completely away from academia, which I find perfect for when I need a break. My friend also reads these and loves them and she's in her late 30's, so these books really are for ages 13 - 35 x
VINE VOICEon 27 June 2012
How Caine keeps it coming with new and original ideas while still keeping our need for Shane, Eve, Claire and Micheal is testament to the series so far.

And your in for a treat with this new and believe me, you will never have seen it coming, story!

While we know that our favourite housemates may be on reprieve and be 'in' in some ways with the Founder Amelie, Morganville is still not a safe place when teaming with Vampires. But this time it's not humans vs Vampires, we see the emergence of a new enemy and one who is not so easily seen...

While oblivious to the threat, we start off almost normal life with Eve and Micheal arranging to try to tie the knot, something which later doesn't exactly go to plan. But for now life seems good for all of 4 and the town seems, like a home almost. The calm before the storm. A storm which quite literally comes which of course in a town where it rains, if you are lucky, twice a year, begins to rain a lot and this is significant in relevance to the enemy which shows to be deadly not just to humans, but to Vampires...

It seems this is something Amelie had seen coming, we see the choices become clear of why Morganville was chosen and the origins of the Vampire come to light. With the realization of a new enemy which seems to be claiming more lives than can be saved and some which we love as a reader, we are on edge to it climactic end in bullets, silver and water...

While before we have have had mostly Claire's perspective, this time the book, quite appropriately has multiple narratives and for the first time in one book we hear from Eve, Micheal, Claire and Shane, something I am sure any Morganville Vampire will cherishly read :)

Cassandra220689
on 19 January 2015
I'm a huge fan of Morganville Vampires and I think the books are just getting better and better,I'm so glad that more books keep getting published.
I don't want to give anything away but each book is full of action and keeps you hooked until the end
on 4 November 2011
Book eleven and still loving it. This book has several voices, including Amelie, Michael and Eve. I discovered I liked Amelie's voice, she's very regal and thinks about how everything might affect Morganville. Even though some of the choices she makes seem weird and wrong, they're for the good of the town and keeping the peace.

This book has one particularly shocking section that I was not expecting and, as is the norm for Rachel Caine's books, there are several small shocks in the book too. One thing I really enjoy is getting into Shane's head more and finding out exactly how he really feels about Claire. It's silly but I feel protective of Claire, we've read her growing up and seen all the hardships she's had.

The UK version also had a free short story called Anger Management which is set between Bite Club and Last Breath and focuses on Shane going to a Founder-mandated Counsellor instead of jail. It was very short and I do really enjoy Shane so that's a huge bonus!
The big question has to be why hasn't this series been picked up for a television series by one of the networks. I can't believe this is the eleventh in the series because it is so good.
Morganville is awash in torrential rain and in the rain comes something worse than vampires that preys on them as well as humans. Its very hard to review this latest episode without spoilers but its a rollercoaster of emotions where one major character dies and some of the vampires find some of their humanity, oh and so does Monica, almost. What I love about Rachel Caine's writing is that it doesn't read like a screenplay like some authors but having said that the book ends on what would be an amazing season finale. I do wonder how Rachel will fill a whole book with the rest of this story but I've no doubt she will!