Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 September 2011
Theres no denying that it was this book that got me my A* in Government and Politics. The bookl covers everything you need to know to ace American politics, the essential information with regards to the structure of American politics as well as the debates that surround certain aspects of it are fully explained in this book. It provides info on things which would certainly impress the examiner and makes your paper unique as the examples provided are up to date and not the usual cases given by every other student in the UK. I personally read the entire book, memorised and understood all the important bits, this enabled me to answer almost any question in the paper. Anyway, if you want to get that top grade this is the book that will get it you! Guaranteed! Plus its written by the guy who writes the paper...of course he wont be putting in anything thats not in his book :)
on 19 October 2011
A very useful, additional, piece of document when learning and revising topics.
It's a must have, since the book is written by the Chief Examiner himself!
So revise this along with the Edexcel text book and your sure to know everything for the exam...!!
on 16 June 2013
Very thorough and comprehensive.
Helped me to understand terms related to US Politics and policy that I wouldn't have before.
If you're studying US politics for A2 this is very much worth the money.
It doesn't cover absolutely everything you need to know for the exam but does prompt you into doing some of your own research with the end of chapter 'likely examination questions'.
It definitely helped me with my revision, and made me feel prepared for the exam with its assistance.
on 22 May 2013
William Storey was my A-Level Politics teacher, and I'll tell you, there's nothing like being taught by the author of the study guide you're using. You can't argue with him, he wrote the book...etc. It's really an excellent tool for studying, very straightforward and easy to understand and well worth the money, if this is the only study guide you will buy. Use this along with whatever materials you will get from your own teacher and you'll be set.
on 8 June 2012
As an A2 Politics student, Storey's book has been my salvation this year. Paired with my own textbook, this book has given me numerous up-to-date examples for my exam questions, and gives a nice overview of the more extensive and sophisticated arguments and debates of US politics. Great book!
on 16 October 2011
This book was recommended by my government and poltics teacher for A2, bought it without question cause my whole class did and thank god I did it is amazing! It is written in an easy style with recommended websites and books at the end of each chapter. so much evidence and example for essays. his paragrphys are broken down into the same sort of paragraphs you would use in an essay. Don't even bother attempting us poltics without this book. I <3 william storey
on 25 February 2015
Outstanding book, perfect material for A level politics studying the US. Excellent detail and very clearly set out in an accessible format.
on 29 June 2011
I am a teacher of American politics and can thoroughly endorse William Storey's latest book. It is written in plain, straightforward language which can be easily understood by the vast majority of A level students. It has been an invaluable book for all my A level students who have found it to be of direct relevance to the Edexcel course. Like the previous reviewer, we have found the recent examples very helpful and relevant. I should imagine that it would be a core text for any course about US politics regardless of which exam board is being followed. Thoroughly recommend!
on 20 June 2008
4 stars because it has spelling mistakes and some examples need more explaining but quite good. I was fortunate enough to have one given to me by my teacher. William Storey is an examiner and he often writes the questions for the Gov & Pol edexcel exam, so if you knew quite a lot in the book you could pass very well.
on 30 May 2016
Really brilliant book. Thorough, meticulous and detailed. Of all the books which I've come across studying US politics Storey's is the only one which I would return to.