Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 March 2012
Having struggled for years to understand copyright and music as part of my job, and to explain what I think I know to others in all kinds of contexts and from all kinds of angles, it's a relief to find a book that I could wholeheartedly recommend to nearly anyone. The critical and scholarly stance is refreshing, given that so much of the information available is written by people with vested interests, i.e. copyright owners and collecting agencies, or by people giving advice to bands and composers. This is the book for the rest of us who need to make sense of the law and current practice as music users.

It's accessible as a lay person's guide, right down to basic stuff about terminology, but detailed and critical enough to have real bite as a text book for those who need to understand more.
on 8 November 2015
Great book and came incredibly fast! helped me so much with my work at uni