Customer reviews

on 10 March 2007
I have been to Egypt, the first time was in 1993, and I made my mind up that I'd like to study Egyptology.

Although in my second year of studying Egyptology, during my first year I came across this little book. Although it wasn't one of the study books I was required to read I decided to purchase it.

This provides you with a lot of information on different aspects of their health and medication. It also tells us about the common diseases and deformities of the time. We also learn about the drugs and the prescriptions they used. All I can say is thank goodness our medications don't have ingredients like fly dung........YUK!

I found this book informative, interesting and enjoyable to read.

Whether you are studying Egyptology or just want a little more knowledge then Shire Publications are all great books. Have a look at the rest of my reviews, you'll find number of Shire books mentioned.

It makes an excellent edition to my little Egyptian library, which now stands at nearly 1000 books on this subject. :-)
on 12 October 2015