Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 May 2017
This is - and has been for years - my favourite book. I love every page of it and whilst it's not exactly a children's book (my seven year old granddaughter doesn't quite get it yet), it's the book I would recommend to all parents who would like to drag their youngsters away from computer games and invite them to use their imaginations!
on 24 April 2017
A feral child brought up by ghosts - this book contains fantasy world that very soon becomes believable and real for the short while spent in its pages.
on 27 March 2017
I would have loved to read this as a kid.
on 20 October 2016
lovely story - comparisons with Jungle Book are entirely fair
on 5 March 2015
I bought this having read Stardust recently, it's beautifully written as all of his stories seem to be and has a well constructed world in which bod lives. I wish that we find out what other adventures Bod finds in future books.
on 18 March 2015
Wonderful book. The writing is is highly descriptive. The settings and characters are believable and the plot entices the reader on through the story. Suitable for all ages.
on 2 July 2013
Text and images are beautiful. I love the idea of giving instructions for what to do if you were trapped in a fairy tale. If I was teaching it would be a fantastic stimulus for creative writing.
on 16 February 2013
Training to be a teacher has meant I'm constantly on the hunt for interesting books for children. Although this is fictionalised, it would be a fantastic way into the non-fiction writing of instructions.
on 11 June 2014
This is a very clever book and has helped children to engage in a different way with our topic of instruction texts.
on 8 June 2017
Received book which was on excellent condition