For anyone who is even remotely interested in these bastions of our past history this book is must. Not only are the photographs magnificent and reproduced on a quality of paper that does justice to them, but there is also ample text to put meat on the bones of the photographs.

Being aerial photographs allows the photographer to compose a picture containing the whole of the building. This gives the viewer a much better idea of both the shape and size of the castle. Practically all of the finest castles in Britain are shown and it certainly gave me a sense of pride to know that our ancestors were capable of building such magnificent structures, quite often in places that were not really conducive to building, but position wise were strategically perfect for the placement of a castle. If a structure could be built that only needed to be defended on two or three sides, s much the better.

Enough said, anyone interested enough in these marvellous buildings to want to buy the book does not need me to go waffling on about such details. The book is well worth having for the beautiful photographs.
on 19 August 2012
I got given this book as a gift, and I love it.
So many people that come to my house pick it up, to flick through, and end up studying it with great detail.

The photographs are beautiful and printed on lovely glossy paper. The book includes lots of castles from around the world, that I didn't even know were there. We recently had the book out to look at for my niece, as she is fascinated by historical buildings.

Even if you were just going to put this book on your coffee table to swoon over, it is really worth buying, although I do wish it had a photograph of Leeds castle in it.........
on 2 January 2012
Bought this book for my husband who loves castles, and was not disappointed. The photographs are brilliant and the information about them interesting and well presented. A great gift.
on 14 December 2012
The book and its content was great, but the copy that was delivered to me had a slightly wrinkled cover and looked as if it had been a display copy in a bookshop. I needed it quickly so wasn't able to send it back and ask for a pristine new book. I had paid for a new book. Such a pity.
on 20 February 2016
Nice memories and interesting photographs from a different perspective