on 24 July 2017
I found this book useful, informed and clearly written . It draws on established research and I thought it very balanced. It discusses different ways to express love and how partners could be mis-matched in their styles, so each partner is being loving in their own way, but the other doesn't feel loved. It also encourages partners to explore what unexpressed beliefs they hold carried forwards from childhood into the current relationship. I was challenged by the section when he states that each individual in a relationship usually has equal responsibility for a given problem - my contribution was a failure to talk about my feelings much earlier because I didn't want to cause upset. I didn't work through the exercises, but some readers may find them useful, simply reflecting on the text was helpful to me. I skipped the last few sections on what happens if you do break up because the understanding I had gained gave me hope, energy and tools to move forwards and improve my current situation. If you are looking for a self-help book for your relationship and have got as far as this review, I'd encourage you to make the purchase.
on 26 July 2017
Excellent
on 16 August 2017
Good condition, thanks
on 25 February 2014
Really worthwhile read for any one in a relationship (with or without issues).
Still working through it at present but so far all positive !
on 4 November 2015
I found this book practical, easy to read with good strategies to employ.
on 7 September 2016
Good book to read
on 17 January 2017
Very good
on 4 January 2016
This book maps the course of a relationship and the possible pitfalls perfectly. I wish I had read it a year ago. I would recommend every married person to read it even if they think their marriage is fine.
on 29 November 2016
This book is easy to read and understand concepts. I felt really positive after reading it. It has some exercises after each chapter to deepen your understanding of the chapter and make a change in your relationship. I read this book with my husband and we felt that exercises were useful! We now understand ourselves more and really happy together. I'm so glad to find this book. Highly recommend it!!!
on 26 March 2013
A great book. Have had a tough time in my marriage and this book made me realise that it was ok to feel the way I feeling and that the issues in my marriage could be dealt with. Finally closer to hubby because of it