on 31 January 2012
My 6-year-old boy loves this series and so do I! The books are about a troll family forced to leave their stinksome cave in Norway and move to a disgustingly clean house in suburban Biddlesden due to the shame brought on to the family by Mr Egbert Troll, who was butted by a fiercesome billy goat. The stories are about how the trolls adjust to their new life living next door to the Priddles (the Piddles as 'Eggy' calls them) and their frequent scrapes. Great characters who are easily voiced while reading aloud. My son loves the silly words they use - very Roald Dahl. I hope others discover these books. A good follow-on if your child has enjoyed Horrid Henry.
on 1 August 2009
My kids and I have only recently discovered the Trolls series and just love the books. They talk about a place called Biddlesden which is apparently 'something like Milton Keynes' (cf. Bloomsbury Profile on Alan MacDonald) but can really be any place anywhere where people are frightened of newcomers (who are "oh so different!"). It's great fun to read about the Troll troubles - and it makes us all think and thump and thrive.
on 25 August 2013
Very nice book the children had enjoyed it. Good for the age group and an interesting read for the little ones.
on 8 June 2009
My son loves this collection. I think the voices I do help as he's have fits of giggles when I do Mr Troll !!!