VINE VOICEon 26 July 2017
Rowling is a fantastic writer and this is just another fantastic book from her collection. Some people just have a gift for writing and her novels are always hard to put down. I have watched all the films but I think the books are better. So now I read the books and watch the films after I have finished the book to see what was taken out.
on 3 April 2016
My son has been asking for this book set for ages! I shopped around as they are quite expensive however amazon was on par with the cheapest other supplier I could find and teamed with free next day delivery this was the best deal.

Nice book set, comes in a display box to store them all together - would definitely recommend to any harry potter fans
on 11 March 2017
I bought this as a present for my 10 year old as she is absolutely besotted with everything Harry Potter.

The books are well presented and look good on display in her room, and the alternative cover art is great.

I found several places selling this boxed set at a MUCH higher price (including so-called "voucher" sites selling it at twice the price!!) so I felt the price was excellent value considering the cost of buying the original books individually.

Great value, great looking, excellent choice for both younger and older readers.
on 29 March 2016
Absolutely fantastic! Only recently I have been very much into the Harry Potter series as I never read nor watched when they came out I bought the DVD boxset but then my friends went on and on about how good the books were also so I had to buy some!
Very quick with delivery! Payed for next day delivery and thats what I got! Extremely impressed that they delivered over the Easter Weekend!
Bit worried when I bought them because so many reviews had said that their books arrived damaged but really pleased that none of mine were! Only on the 2nd book but I can't put them down!
The covers are just amazing also! I'm 19 years old so they are not just appealing to young children!
on 30 December 2016
This is perfect for the price! I thought it would be too childish for an adult but its not. The font is easy on the eyes the paper are of good quality and so is the soft back cover. I love this collection i would defo recommend this collection for adults as well as children.
on 4 December 2016
What can be said about Harry Potter that hasn't been said before. The series is captivating. I'm a 36 yo old, single man and cannot put the sodding books down, they really are great. I've started to watch the film adaptations and they are just as superb. Thank you JKR you star.
on 4 October 2016
I have the original American set, mostly in hardcover, so I decided to get a paperback set that would be easier to read in bed. :^) I decided to try a UK version with different covers. Arrived quickly for something coming from the UK. Beautiful box (but tight) and covers. Unfortunately, there were no chapter illustrations as there were in the original American version. I never saw any mention of illustrations, either missing or being there, in all the reviews I read. So, I'm letting the next person know that there are no chapter illustrations. I may not have bought it if I had realized this. Of course, the books are wonderful whether internally illustrated or not, but I was a little disappointed.
on 14 November 2005
This book is one of my favourites of the series. In fact, it’s a toss up between this and Order Of The Phoenix. I think it is also written in an older and more mature style, which is fitting as Harry has aged with every book. I voted for this book in the BBC’s Big Read, because I felt it had all the elements that make up a truly wonderful book. It was extremely dark and atmospheric, but there was also humour, mystery, horror, (I was terrified during Voldemort’s reincarnation) plenty of imagination, and above all a hero that you could really identify with and feel for. Goblet Of Fire also has the bonus of being impossible to put down, and having an ingeniously worked plot with two fantastic twists that I never saw coming. The pacing is just right. The darker, more sinister scenes and the more light-hearted moments paced evenly throughout the book. Because the book is almost exclusively from Harry’s point of view, JK Rowling allows you to really get inside his head, to know his every thought and feeling, and to suffer along with him. I felt so sorry for him during his terrible ordeal in the graveyard. It was not to be the last time.
To my mind, this book has everything that makes up a classic, and I have no doubt the Harry Potter series will earn that title. JK Rowling certainly deserves it.
on 6 September 2017
The book amazing love the pictures especially the moving ones hope they do the other books I will buy them?!! The reason for the 3 stars took forever to get it to download and stay on my kindle fire??!! Would highly recommend this version of h p.
on 3 November 2011
HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS is the second book in the magical HARRY POTTER series by J.K. Rowling. It was just as good as the first one. Harry, Ron and Hermione are even more likeable in this sequel. If you liked the first one you'll LOVE this one! It was roughly the same length as the first one. There was a lot of acting, jokes and intense moments and i simply couldn't put it down. There are even more dark and comic characters, villains, heroes and backround characters who provide plently of comedy. CHAMBER OF SECRETS was real treat and i loved every page. I couldn't believe it when the person who opened the chamber was revealed. The last few chapters are extremely exciting. I highly recommend this engaging fantasy/thriller as it is just awesome. THRILLING! 10/10!