Customer reviews

Goodfellas (Bloomsbury Film Classics)
Format: Paperback|Change

One of my favourite movies just got better.

Lots more information on the ins & out of being a "GoodFella"

The movie only scratches the surface of the life of Henry Hill.

Lots more story's than the film actually shows.
on 28 August 2017
I liked the detail, the names and places all remembered so well and described so very well. He's not be admired or respected but he is the ultimate survivor.
on 5 March 2017
fab
on 14 May 2017
Being a true crime book makes it all the more interesting and captivating to read. Give it a go yo
on 23 July 2017
I read very occasionally this book just griped me I'm glad I did not run in his circles a great read
on 3 December 2014
Happy with product
on 3 January 2011
Having watched the film, I was pleased to find this book given out free in one of the film magazines I read. This is the true story of the rise and fall of Henry Hill in a New York Mafia crime family. The book was filmed as Good Fellas, one of my favourite films, and the book covers all the main incidents in the film and a lot of other stuff never covered.
This is a fantastic read for fans of True Crime, highly recommended!
on 9 November 2012
Possible Twenty, a Gangster Tale (Tommy Gallagher)

A classic book in the lexicon of American Mafia Literature and the inspiration for the movie Goodfellows. Anyone interested in both the everyday and the extraordinary doings of the New York Mafia during its Silver Age should read this book.

J.R. Locke Author of Possible Twenty, a Gangster Tale

Down & Out in Manhattan, a New York Tale
on 1 November 2015
Having seen the film many years ago I thought I would try the book. I'm glad I did. The book is very informative and almost makes you feel like you are there beside the author, experiencing what it is like being a 'Goodfella'. Henry Hill is the real deal and tells it like it is, honest insightful and eye opening. I couldn't put it down, excellent book to read.
on 11 April 2010
This is a great book, completely riveting and will be finished in very quick time. The narrative flows so well it's like having a major criminal sit down and tell you his life story. This book is an excellent read and recommended to anyone who either enjoyed the film or has an interest in the best that true life crime writing has to offer. Stunning read.