Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 October 2004
This is hugely fun and enjoyable - the literary equivalent of an entertaining evening in the pub with your mates. With its stylish I-POD shape of the moment, not so predictible challenges and even wittier illustrations, "101 Things" is essential bathroom material. Richard Horne's text is funny without being superior, and the forms are tempting to fill in (if you had the time, or could sure no-one else read your answers). You could also give this present to anyone if you were stuck on Christmas Eve, they would only need to have a pulse to qualify.
on 23 November 2004
This is brilliant - I started to fill in the Things I'd Done the minute I opened it. It's interactive with stickers at the back - you can even write your own dedication. It would seem that the writer has already completed No 1 - write a bestseller. I'm going to give it to all my friends this Christmas, we can discuss this kind of book in the pub for hours. My new year's resolutions are coming from the book, starting with Complete the Monopoly Board Pub Crawl followed quickly by Take Part in a Police Line-Up...
on 22 November 2004
A stylish I-spy book for adults and older teens. This a clever mix of witty checklists and superb design/illustrations. I defy anyone to be able to fill in the "leave a job you hate" page without breaking into a large grin. Perfect for christmas for just about anyone.
on 5 February 2006
Brilliant book! The guy who made it was obviously throughly enjoying himself!! Must buy for anyones birthday/xmas present! GREAT FUN!! ...and cheap!!!!!!
on 8 March 2006
I recommend this book to anyone who loves lists and life! Although I disagree with some of the things mentioned in the list, all entries are geniuinly entertaining. Many of the experiences make for useful conversation starters and help develop character, aswell as being good fun.
on 17 February 2005
If you love lists, love life, and love beautifully-crafted objects, this is the book for you. So much time and care and skill have been taken by the author/illustrator to make this little gem something you will want to carry around with you, share with your friends, and dip into again and again. Like all the best works of art (film, books, paintings - you name it) everytime you come back to it you'll notice something new, something funny, something cool. The illustration and design are what strike you at first - it's clean, classy and characterful - but once you start reading, you'll find it's complemented by imagination, humour, fun, and just a little hint of darkness (another essential ingredient in any work of art).
Basically, it's not just a book - it's a way of life. Start investing in your future and buy this now.
on 29 December 2005
This book is addictive! I carry it around with me everywhere I go (*just in case I happen to fall into shark-infested waters or see a lunar AND a solar eclipse whilst popping down the shop for some milk*) Some are easily attainable, such as "Win an award/trophy/prize" whilst others are virtually impossible, like "Visit Every Country". It even comes with a page of star stickers so you can highlight the things you have done.
My only problem with the book is that a few of the goals are almost unattainable. This means that it is unlikely that anyone will be able to tick every box on the list, but maybe it makes it that little bit more fun.
I would recommend this book to anyone who has ever wanted to say YES or discover their main ambitions and goals in life.
on 10 May 2007
This book is good fun - other people have complained that some of the things are undoable, and that's the only drawback. You can have good fun, though, trying to figure out ways to get round them, or interpret them a little more 'loosely' so that you can complete the book!

I haven't really found myself going out of my way to do any of the things listed; I guess that's another drawback - there was nothing that made me go 'oh, I must do that!'.

It's a fun book though, and especially if you let yourself bend the rules a little, you can have a lot of fun!
on 30 December 2009
This book is not just about places to visit and extreme sports. Things in the book to do inlcude- Be in a police line up, Milk a cow and Score a hole in one. I like this book because there are spaces for you to fill in when you have completed the 'thing to do' and you also get little star stickers to use when completed.

Great for a present.
on 19 August 2007
A fun list of things to do before you die. It includes taskts like visiting every country or every continent, write a best seller, catch a fish with your bare hands, drive a car at top speed, get married unusually and get backstage and get off with a rock god. You get stars to add to the ones you have done and bits to fill in. At the time of this review I have done 17 of the things on the list. There is one I won't be doing (have a threesome) as I am happily married (unless we can find a loophole that involves sleeping next to someone or with a cat sleeping on the end of the bed or something). I wonder how many I will be able to cross off by the time I die...