on 13 November 2004
Having read the two previous books I found that this book is a bit different from the others. It has the same great humor, but delves deeper into Princess Emeralda's family history.I really enjoyed this book and would reccomend it to anyone who has read the first two in the series. (I particularly enjoy some of the new characters and the return of Lil.) I also reccomend checking out the authors website.
on 23 August 2011
I'm getting through these really quickly, they are really easy reads. This is book 3 in the series. Emma has been told for years about the family curse, any female over 16 in her family must stay away from flowers. Years ago Princess Hazel insulted a Fairy who cast the curse on her, now Emma's Grandmother is a bad tempered, mean spirited old witch, and has been for a few years, but now it's worse - her fun loving friendly aunt Grassina has been turned bad. Instead of the helpful jolly Aunt she is used to Emma now has to deal with moods, moaning and mean tricks. Everyone thought her gran was bad, but Grassina is much worse.
Determined to find a way to break the curse Emma sets off on an adventure with Prince Eadric and Lil. She travels back in time, hoping to prevent the curse from ever happening. She meets her ancestors and sees time unfold before her. Although she doesn't stop the curse she does find how to break it - but this brings a whole new set of complications. Only weeks away from her 16th Birthday Emma knows time is running out.
Another quick read. I love Prince Eadric's devotion to Emma and his willingness to do anything for her and her Kingdom. A strong bold knight with a sense of justice and a deep love for the Kingdom. I loved the new characters - Emma's ancestors. Millie the princess is lovely and a perfect companion, Hazel is spoilt and ill tempered but the sort of person you love to hate. She's like a combination of all the mean girls you met in school, the ones that got away with everything because they were 'cool', but then got what they deserved in the end - oh sweet justice! hehe
Aunt Grassina turning bad did make for a good storyline but I must admit I missed her warm presence throughout the book, it was like a friend going away.
I liked this one better than book 2, the pace was better and more exciting, but book 1 is still my favourite.
on 30 November 2011
Once Upon a Curse by E.D.Baker

The main characters: Emma, Eadric and Li'l. My favourite character is Millie, she is not one of the main characters but I liked her because she was kind and helpful when they travelled back in time.

The plot: Emma, a young witch is looking for a cure for the family curse. Many years before an angry fairy cursed the family. All female family members reaching the age of 16 would lose their beauty and kindness when they touched a flower. Emma has to find the cure before she turns 16, in a weeks time!

I loved this book because it was so exciting, especially the risky bits, like when Emma and Eadric fought a dragon and when Eadric took part in a jousting tournament.

I would definitely recommend this book to a friend.
on 18 August 2012
This was one of my all time favourite books in the series of the frog princess so i most seriously recommend it! I am 17 and so can say that if you are between the age of 9-17 you must read these books as they are EPIC!
on 19 April 2013
read this years ago and loved it ,got it on the kindle hoping it's still as good as i remember
on 25 August 2015
Much enjoyed by my young neice
on 7 March 2015