Customer reviews

on 27 January 2003
Smart, well-illustrated book told from the point of view of the dog...my 5 year-old loved it again and again, and she'd have long discussions about what it meant to have a pet...although that didn't stop us getting 2 rabbits - but that's another story. Anyway, if you have pet-mad kids, not yet fulfilled, this just might make them think... a little before they continue their "I want one of those"...
on 20 February 2000
I thought this story was well written, using easy to understand words for children, and humor that even an adult can enjoy. The illustrations are eye-catching and jump off the page. 'Rover' is an excellent read aloud book and I recommend it to others. Guaranteed to keep everyone smiling and captivated.
on 26 November 2003
Try explaining this story to a six year old and you may get tied up in knots. I know I did. But for all that, the children I read it with loved it. They loved the child, the dog, the storyline and the pictures, and they talked about it for weeks. In the story Rover treats the little girl as his pet, eventually becoming a unwitting hero. It's clever and funny and a book young children like to here again and again, though I'm still not quite sure why ...
on 10 October 2016
My 4 year old loves it, funny read
on 1 December 2016
lovely book
on 3 October 2011
A great book used with my year 3 class for literacy, they loved the story telling from a different point of view.
on 8 February 2016
love all his books, this is the first one we bought and then all the others followed straight after
on 3 April 2016
sorry its just not our thing, too out there for us. maybe when she's older , she's 4 .