on 1 December 2015
Amazing artwork on the books, this was my first time reading Harry Potter. I'm a long time Harry Potter fan, though I'd only watched the movies. I finally bought these and read them all and I'm very impressed. For someone who'd only seen the movies I've learnt a lot about the storyline and characters that I didn't work out from the movies, or that wasn't shown in them. Its amazing that a movie series that I've watched like 50 times, then reading the books its like I've opened up new parts of the story. The funny thing is though, i never pictured the movie characters while reading it, on a few lines they said I'd think back to the movie and remember parts. But really i pictured the characters so differently, i didn't see Daniel Radcliffe, I pictured Harry Potter... if that makes sense.
on 21 September 2015
As this is my first time reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (I know, I'm crazy) I really enjoyed it. The story was wonderful and heart warming; the plot progressed beautifully; and I was routing for Harry, Hermione and Ron till the very end!
However, I feel like I would have enjoyed this book more if I read it when I was eleven or twelve.The only thing that stopped me completely falling for this book was the prose. I know it's targeted at a younger audience so I can kind of forgive it, but for me it stopped me from getting completely immersed in the book.
This Scholastic version of Harry Potter is beautiful. The cover is lovely, there are cute little drawings at the beginning of each chapter, the chapter titles and the first letter of a new chapter is in the 'Harry Potter' font, and there little stars in the corners of each pages. It may be small little things, but it made the experience of reading this book so much more magical. It was well worth the wait for this edition.
on 11 August 2016
Cannot praise this set enough.
These re-prints are beautifully made. I purchased the Children's edition, as I heard some negative comments regarding the Adult re-prints and I certainly don't regret it. The font is marginally larger in the first 3 books, but returns to the commonly smaller font size from Goblet of Fire onward. The covers are still very well designed, despite them being the child variants, and the book/page quality is lovely. If you're familiar with the Game of Thrones books (slightly different from the magical world of Harry Potter, I must admit), then that may give you an idea of the page and cover quality, as they're very similar.
Needless to say the contents of the books are some of the best fantasy literature that has ever been published, and is enjoyable for children and adults alike. The perfect set for introducing children to the Harry Potter world, and for adults likewise.
Highly recommended.
on 2 June 2015
As a teenager growing up around the same age as Harry Potter did in the films (when each of them came out), I found the stories both in the films and books (once I got round to reading them) highly imaginative, relatable in many ways and compelling reading. The books of course have a great deal more story and background information than the films could ever include, which makes the books even more enjoyable to read again and again. Like the characters, the books mature over the series and change from being predominantly for children to young adults; but the popularity of these books have shown how they can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
on 2 June 2015
on 6 May 2016
After dropping mine in the bath, (blasphemy I know), I've been debating on whether to buy a whole new set or just replace this one, and thought I may as well just replace the first one rather than pass on an incomplete set for someone else to replace the first one. Came today, which is sooner than I'd expected, and it was in much better condition than I thought it would be which isn't a bad thing. So happy my HP set is complete again. Great service.
on 6 February 2017
I am now around 3/4 of the way through the book and it is as good as I hoped it would be. Having watched all the movies I wanted to read the books to just pad out the storylines a bit more, as I know it is impossible to put every detail into a film. The films have kept to the main element of the book and I hope all the rest will be as good.
on 19 July 2016
The Harry Potter books have been a favourite of mine for as long as I can remember, I have read all the books (multiple times) and watched the films more times than I can keep track off.
I was skeptical at first about buying this set because I knew the covers were different to the originals but as soon as I opened it up and took my first look at it all worries were put aside. It is just magical. The box is sturdy and the books fit in it perfectly, the pages are thin but not too delicate and the words pop on the page. I would like to note I believe these books are slightly smaller than the original and so the font size is also a bit smaller which isn't a problem for me but may be for others.
The only negative I have is I find the books difficult to get out the box, I had to tip it upside down and tap it whilst trying to ensure the other 6 didn't fall out but I believe this is a struggle worth taking.

Would definately recommend to others
on 13 January 2014
Harry has returned to his second year at Hogwarts. After nearly getting expelled the moment he arrives he plans to be on his best behaviour but as usual it doesn't look promising when the muggle-born population are under attack.

I found this book to not be as good as the first one. It lacked a certain something. I can't place my finger on what, but whatever it was by no means makes this book worthy of anything other than the five stars it deserves.

The best character in this book by far was Dobby the house elf. He was so adorable! I found it amusing when poor old Sir Nick got petrified and had to go to the hospital wing.

Loved the ending of this book. Once again we meet a form of the almost destroyed Lord Voldemort. The dude obviously doesn't know when to give up! You have to feel sorry for somebody like that.

Once again the adventures of Harry Potter will leave you gripped to the book wanting to keep turning the pages until you inevitably finish the book.
on 22 September 2016
Brilliant! I studied Latin at high school for 5 years and I can just about follow the story because I know it so well. I love the way they've made up pseudo-Latin words for words with no Latin translation. I taught Latin to a group of primary school students and they were fascinated by this book!!
Fantastic for anyone who's into Harry Potter and has an interest in Latin!