on 17 December 2016
Great condition
VINE VOICEon 27 October 2009
Prepare yourself not just for some soul-searching, but for some real Eureka moments.
Daneil Goleman's two EI books take you on a journey deep within, but also give you the tools to persuade, convince, and - yes - even manipulate those around you. It isn't NLP, it's what NLP was made from.

Thoroughly researched, basic things like "why do certain pieces of music bring memories flooding back" get covered in a way that asks you to choose "do I want to keep that or shall I get rid of it?". Much more importantly, it addresses the kinds of questions we adults should be asking:
* [Salesman, teacher, professor, marketer] if I want to persuade or convince, what signals am I looking for to continue down a track or change tactic? What methods usually work? What are the alternatives?
* [Parent, teacher] What will determine each child's success? How can I develop those skills? What do they mean for me in later life without having learnt them in childhood?
* [lawyer, solicitor, negotiator] what's top of the game? What am I missing that I need to learn/ develop? How can I go about it?

This isn't a book about good ideas. This stuff works. It has worked for centuries, it has been researched and tested for decades, and it will probably work for centuries to come. Get it, read it, weep over lost opportunities, then reach for the stars and win!
0Comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 August 2014
I did expect to be given advice with examples of how to approach a specific incident...eg...how would you manage someone who you knew needed to have a specific experience linked to their health undertaken......and then guidelines.......the content of this book was, in my view, anecdotal and always linked to big business, rather than individuals per se. Some good points however.
on 31 December 2013
100% happy A GREAT READ FOR PEOPLE IN THIS PROFESSION OR WORKOMG TOWARD IT, I WOULD RECCOMMEND THIS BOOK TO OTHERS
on 10 August 2014
Great job, would recommend
on 31 August 2014
Great resource
on 7 June 2012
Excellent Book. Its a must read. This book is informative, very well written and factual. It definitely made me reconsider my approach to people and understand myself better.
on 20 November 2013
The general idea of the book makes sense, and it is a good introduction to considering emotional intelligence and the role it plays; however, the authors structure isn't particularly logical and there is an awful lot of rambling. Reads a bit like 'this one time, at band camp....'. There is an awful lot of repetition and it really turns in to a chore to read.
on 1 October 2012
...It is an amazing book..I recommend it to all those who are trying to make sense of their life and of their relations with the people around them. Emotional intelligence is a concept I wish I had discovered it sooner.
on 11 September 2014