Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 January 2017
GREAT
on 29 October 2001
This set of books by Mary hooper is brillient! It shows a teenage way of life and all the different things that happen when things go wrong or if you take the wrong turning. She becomes pregnant and has a massive discision to make about what to do, her mum and sister have made there minds up about what she should do.
She finally comes to a discision and her mum and sister back her up with 100% support.
Things start to become easy, till her best friends deserts her.
What will Megan do?
on 12 July 1999
In this fabulous sequel to "Megan", in which 15-year-old Megan found herself five months pregnant by her ex-boyfriend, Megan has just given birth to a baby boy. At the end of the last book, despite the option of adoption seeming like the one she would choose, she decided to keep her baby and "Megan 2" is the story of how she copes as a teenage mother. It is about how her parents handle the difficult situation, how her friends react, and how Megan's life is utterly changed as a result of this. This book is even better than the first and I really enjoyed it!
on 10 June 2003
After reading all three of the books in the "Megan" range, I can honestly say I am stunned!!! There is so much information about being a young mother, and so much that could be useful to young girls. I think every early-teenager should have to read this book to show them what life is really like with a baby. This book also shows strong parental support; how Megan's mother supports her, even though she hasn't always, and how the family functions with Megan's baby on the way, and then finally around. It's a brilliant story!!!
on 16 June 2001
The book is brilliant! It is just as thrilling and exciting as the first. If you liked Megan then you are certainly going to like this one! I am sure i'm not the only one who is looking forward to the releasing of Megan 3.
on 13 September 1999
"Megan 2" is the sequel to "Megan" by Mary Hooper.In the first book,Megan gets pregnant after only sleeping with her boyfriend just once.In this second book we learn how Megan and her baby get on.It is interesting to see how Megan and her family cope with the new things that the baby , Jack ,bring to their lives. This story should be part of the school reading programme as it certainly shows how difficult and tiring looking after a baby is !! All young girls must read this and learn from it !! The end is a little far fetched but I think that another "Megan" story could be interesting !!
on 22 February 2001
I saw the Megan books on this website, read the comments and ordered them both. I spend three days reading them and I think they were the best books I have ever read. I've read many stories on teenage pregnancies but this is the realistic one of them all. Just little things like Megan's feeling towards Claire and Josie - I found myself wondering: How does the author KNOW? These thoughts I have thought many times and Mary Hooper has it spot on like she has experienced it. If I ever met Mary Hooper - i would congratulate her on such fantastic books. I really wish she would bring out a Megan 3!
on 14 February 2000
Megan's life has been turned completely around since her descision to keep her baby. This book is equally as gripping as the first, it makes the reader feel that they are in Megan's shoes. This book, like its prequal is simply fantastic which is why I am pleading to the author to please write a Megan 3 and put an end to my wondering about all the questions that were left unanswered about Megan's life. I loved this book and believe that it is a must for everyone!
on 19 November 2013
I picked this up from a bookcase passing time in a waiting room. I couldn't put it down so asked to borrow it. This is a MUST for all secondary school children to read! Great story. You are there with Megan throughout the book, watching her friendship with best friend Claire change and Josie being an irritant. Megan's riding the highs and lows of having a baby to care for, the emotional roller coaster and the social implications of having the baby when so young. I wanted to be there to help her when she began to shake the baby in desperation, and the relief was so real when baby Jack was ok. I haven't read Megan the first book and it didn't matter but I'm getting it as I loved this one so much. Will also get Megan 3 as I was left with a good cliffhanger at the end of Megan 2.

Apart from being a good story to read, it also opens your eyes to the personal consequences of irresponsible sex. A baby is a wonderful gift, but it is not like a doll at all but a real, tiny person needing 24/7 constant care, love and attention.
on 12 August 2014
I'd never actually heard of 'Mary Hooper' as an author before, however, I do not regret buying this Megan series. All three books are absolutely brilliant. *Spoilers ahead* -
The books depict Megan, a girl who finds out she is pregnant at just 15. The first book follows her pregnancy, with the second following Megan's decision to keep her baby and raise him. All three books are raw and honest about the life of a young mother. They are gritty and insightful, showing that while the baby is loved by Megan, her life is terribly hard because of her young age and life situation. Megan has the full help of her mother and little sister, however finds no time to herself, or to socialise. The book is the best I've seen as a true look into young motherhood in the fiction shelves. I LOVE IT.