Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 April 2014
I already had two girls. I had conceived a boy prior to my girls but unfortunately the pregnancy wasn't viable. I thought I would give the book a go and try for a boy. I now have a boy and my family is complete. It is a lot easier to try for a boy and so I'm truly grateful that my girls came so easily. I would recommend ovulation tests to those ladies with irregular cycles and those tests come in three different sensitivties (20 miu, 30 miu and 40 miu). The most sensitive (20miu) is probably best for trying for a girl as it detects ovulation almost 3 days before ovulation.
on 30 July 2017
OMG this works ! Found out we are having a little girl ! Soo pleased , loved reading this book . Thank you , thank you , thank you !
on 28 May 2017
Worked for me!
on 30 January 2002
with renewed hope we tried for a baby girl after having had 3 lovely boys. we carefully followed the instructions, charting for 6 months etc, then had our 4th boy! although I am pleased it made me go ahead and have another baby who is very lovely, I do think the book is too idealistic and perhaps more of the "failees' ought to let her know about it
on 1 November 2014
I am sat here feeding my baby girl ... all thanks to this book. With 2 gorgeous boys, we wanted a 3rd child and thought it would be a bonus to have a bit of pink. Thorough reading of this well writted and interesting book combined with time and patience on our behalf meant that our dream came true. Would highly recommend!!
on 24 September 1999
Readers should note that this is an updated book of Hazel Phillips' original "Boy or Girl Your Right to Choose" and contains new findings from her research. Her methodology is now proven with a very high success rate (97%). BUT...this is not a book which you can pick up and glean a few tips from and think you know what to do. If you want to truly follow the methods outlined you have to do so to the letter and a few months of preparatory charting and findings will be necessary. Without this, you will either be disappointed or lucky! You need to read the book several times to ensure you are aware of all the critical factors involved.
on 4 February 2012
I already have two little boys and I would love a girl to even things up! This book is full of information that seems to make good sense. There are two methods for conceiving a boy or a girl. Basically if you want a girl you have to 'try' before ovulation, if you want a boy you have to 'try' when you ovulate. I applied these rules to when I concieved both my sons and it seems true. Both my sons were concieved on the day I ovulated. My husband and I want another baby anyway so I thought I would aim to tip the odds in my favour of a baby girl. I think you should have a baby because you want a baby, not because you have your heart set on one sex or the other, but with that in mind this book gives really helpful advice on how to tip the odds! It includes many testimonials from people who it worked for, aswell as those who made mistakes in the 'misconceptions' section at the back. Worth a try, two people I know swear by this book, it worked for them and countless others in the book!
on 22 December 2016
All book can be summarized in one sentence: for a boy - sex during ovulation, for a girl - sex before ovulation. That's all. I haven't find out anything new at all.
on 12 July 2010
Great book, very clear and easy to follow, and it did the trick - following our beautiful boy we now have our gorgeous girl!
on 29 April 2004
We have two lovely little boys and whilst we wouldn't change them for theworld, we really wanted a little girl to make our family complete. Afriend recommended this book and we bought a copy from Amazon lastsummer.
After keeping a record of my timings for six months, at Christmas wedecided to give it ago and we got pregnant the first month of trying!
I was a bit worried that it had happened so quickly as the author says itcan take a while to fall pregnant when trying specifically for a girl. However, much to our delight we had our 20 month scan last week and we areexpecting a girl.
Obviously nothing is definate until the baby is born and more thananything we just want a healthy baby, but the added bonus of that babybeing a pink one, is fantastic.
P.S My colleague at work used this book to try for a boy....James waschristened last weekend.