Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

2,345

on 5 April 2000
I won't tell you much about this book, except that it's the best book (along with its sequels) ever to be written. The story revolves around a boy called Harry Potter, who discovers that he's a wizard. He leaves his horrible Aunt and Uncle, and goes to Hogwarts, the best school for witches and wizards. When this book came out, it was aimed at 9-11 year olds. Now it is a great success, and it is suitable for anyone who can read well. Even a 6 year old would love to have it read to him or her.
If you think this book sounds absolute rubbish, think again. The Harry Potter books are the best in the world, so give them a go!
on 12 November 1999
I have given this book 5 crowns for one reason, It is absolutely excellent, the best book I have ever read.It is about an 11 year old boy called Harry Potter who has no idea that he is a wizard until he receives a letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.He goes, makes friends and has many adventures on the way. If you are thinking about buying this book for you or for someone else, I advise you to do one thing, get into bed with some hot chocolate and read it until its time to go to bed again the next day! Yes, you will get that addicted. I strongly recommend you read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
on 28 January 2016
received book and excellent book good for reading
on 31 March 2004
Harry Potter is the best book I have ever read. My favourite character is Hermione Granger because she is very funny. My worst character is Snape as he is pure evil.I couldn't put the book down it was very gripping. I have read all of the books in the series and this is definatly my favourite.
on 6 June 2001
Few people have not heard of the increadibly popular Harry Potter. Therefore I need not explain that he is an ordinary boy who finds out he is a not-so-ordinanry wizard. This book tells the story of Harry's first year at Hogwarts and he encounters Trolls, three headed dogs and, of course, the evil Lord Vol.. sorry 'You-Know-Who'. Once you have read the series it is interesting to re-read this book again as you notice things that you didn't before. If you have never read this book, then shame on you, you uncultured human being you. But be warned, once you have read it, you just have to read the rest of the series...
on 13 January 2000
I was bought 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' for Christmas (although I am 24!) - by January the 6th I had read 'The Chamber of Secrets' and 'The Prisoner of Azkaban' as well! Now my parents are reading them too! These are the most funny and well though out childrens books I have seen for years.
They are bound to entertain people of all ages as their characters are so very human. These aren't just great kids' stories though. Oh, no! They have interlaced narrative structures, moral values, excellent villains and the stories deepen and develop with each installment. I can't wait for the next one!
on 15 July 2000
After eight weeks of walking into a class of thirty eleven year olds who would always scream 'Miss have you read Harry Potter yet?' I thought that it was about time that I did, and what can I say? Well I feel that this is by far the best book I have read in a long time! Rowling has a way of transporting her readers to the time and places that the story is written in. Despite the plot revolving around magical and made-up words and worlds the book seems so real that you also start to wait anxiously for your letter from Hogwarts. All I can say to anyone reading this review is to read the book and quickly!
on 25 June 2015
One of the best top novels in the UK. I love it!
on 4 December 2014
It's really good and much cheaper then book shop
on 13 August 2014