on 4 July 2010
I am coming late to the writings of Carl Sagan and I have found a candle in the dark. I work in organisational change and teach critical thinking, this book is now standard pre-reading for all my clients that's how seriously I take this book.

I am trying to eradicate pseudo-management ideas and fads (modern superstitions for organisations) from the organisations I work with, that is a very tough task, I need to acquire skills like those of Carl Sagan, who has become my role-model for leadership.
on 3 December 2012
Apart from have grown watching the Cosmos series of videos, I've read quite a few books from Carl Sagan. He was the ultimate science writer of all times. And this book is one of his very bests.
on 3 May 2015
Brilliant.
on 17 August 2015
excellent
on 20 December 2014
The book is full of interesting facts, anecdotes and for the most part is readable. So why do I give it 2 stars? Because it could have been 60% shorter and conveyed exactly the same messages. It spends chapters upon chapters of repeating the same message and conclusion it's incredibly irritating. It does this on practically on the topics it addresses. It gives you the feeling that the author is cheating you. Trying to justify the price you paid by treating you like a fool. Literally 100 different ways to say the same thing. Why do publishers insist that authors make their books so long and tedious just to justify its selling price? It's scandalous. In short, if the book was 40% of its current length I would have given it 4 maybe 5 stars. The remaining 60% is insult to your intelligence.