on 25 November 2017
I think it is fair to say that Martina Cole's books can be divided into two. Her latest style of writing seems to produce a badly written version of the last mundane book. Chapters are as little as two paragraphs and the same characters appear in each book but disguised under different names. The violence and swearing is gratuitous and to put it bluntly these books are boring. Then we have her earlier books with their gritty story lines that have you gripped from the first chapter (which is always a chapter and not a paragraph) and it is impossible to put them down. This book falls into that second category and it is quite simply one of the best crime books I have ever read. So many twists and turns as DCI Kate Burrows tries to discover the identity of the perverted serial known as "The Grantley Ripper" and bring him to justice, We also have Patrick Kelly, who's daughter is murdered by the Grantley Ripper, trying to do just the same but his justice will be very different to that of DCI Burrows. So who will get there first ? If I had any negative comment to make about the book it would be that the story could have reached a conclusion far earlier than it did and I found the murder of the toddler towards the end unnecessary and rather sick. I would also say if you are looking for a literary genius then Martina Cole's writing will perhaps strike you as unsophisticated to say the least. However, if you looking for an easy read and aren't easily offended by the books sexual content then I can't recommend highly enough.
on 16 November 2017
This book caught me by surprise. After hearing Martina on the radio I got the sample of this book and was hooked. I've laughed, cried and felt like I couldn't go on reading without my heart breaking. It is a story that will stay with you long after the book has been read. I'm looking forward to reading it again in a few months, I need a break first thought because it's so intense! Well worth the tears and the rollercoaster!
on 24 October 2017
what a read it was so gripping and made you wonder who was responible for such horrendous things to happen and kept you guessing throughout the story this lady is so talented on her stories she is a real ace in all her writing
on 23 October 2017
Her best book by far, heart breaking, some hilarious quotes and a fantastic ending.
Would highly recommend, get the tissues at the ready.
on 28 October 2017
WASN,T SURE ABOUT THIS BOOK INITIALLY BUT THE STORY DRAGS YOU IN
on 29 August 2017
Excellent story well written as always , I recommend this book.
on 16 September 2017
Great book from this auther
on 18 August 2017
really good story from MC
on 11 June 2017
Martina Cole at her best yet again. I couldn't put this gripping book down. It was spell binding. I had to keep reading it ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT until it was finished. One of my favourite authors.
on 24 June 2017