on 2 February 2009
I loved the first book about Bathsheba, Chips, Beans and Limousines, so I was really looking forward to the sequel. I wasn't disappointed. It has the same warm voice and great sense of humour. In the lightest way, it also deals with some quite serious issues. Bathsheba is now living with her dad, but because he's been in prison for fraud, he can't get a job. So money is tight, as is living space. But Bathsheba isn't worried about small details like that. Instead she throws herself into going to school for the very first time and navigating the pitfalls of school friendships. And then, just like the Bathsheba in her mother's books, she gets her very own mystery to solve. If you like Hilary McKay's Casson family series, you'll enjoy this too. I would recommend it especially to girls of 9-12.
on 18 October 2011
My daughter is a great fan of this series and as she is only 6 and goes to Greek school I have read them all to her. She just wishes they were all available as audio books. We have a downloaded version of Chips, Beans & Limousine (1st in the series) which she knows by heart. I would say they are really for children over 8 or 9 but if your daughter is looking for something more interesting then give them a try.
on 11 July 2010
The second of 3 great diaries enjoyed by my two daughters aged 9 and 10.
on 27 December 2014