on 12 January 2014
From a grown-up's perspective this edition of the Usborne Illustrated books is one of the weaker titles in the series. Only occasional stories are interesting (The Musicians of Bremen), while most are too simplistic to be enjoyable even when they do carry a moral sting in the 'tale'. Reading this to a child already in bed is not particularly stimulating.

That said, reading the book side-by-side with a young child is more rewarding as the illustrations are both plentiful and colourful, and the simple prose quite accessible. It will requested again, I am sure, when the 'Out and About with Pooh' books are read to death, so a reasonable purchase.
on 3 January 2013
This is another great compilation from Usbourne, this book is a bit smaller (not shorter) than most books being only A4 in size but came with a great hard cushioned cover and loads of stories aimed at 2-5 year old's, the stories are beautifully illustrated and are very different with some old fables and some new modern stories. My 4 year old loves this and I have had to read it to her every night since Christmas and have not had to read the same story twice. This is an excellent purchase and I would recommend it to everyone.
on 9 January 2014
It is a great book with nice stories and wonderful illustrations. My 2 years old girl love it.
It had some scratches on the cover that is why I am not giving 5 stars. Otherwise I am very satisfied from my order.
on 13 December 2009
We love these Usbourne books, and have now bought two of this version, plus a number of the others too! The stories are beautifully written and illustrated meaning that adults love reading them too. The book has a padded cover with is really tactile and is chunky while being a good size for small hands (approx A5). Fantastic purchase - great value for money!
on 8 November 2010
I bought this anthology for my 4 and 5 year old. The stories are great - some old & familar (Musicians of Bremmen) and some new but all good stories. The illustrations are very good and keep the younger one interested in the story as I read aloud. Have given as a birthday present to another 5 year old and was much appreciated.
on 18 October 2010
The stories are well written and short enough to please young children and the drawings are lovely. This book started our collection of 'Usborne Illustrated...', we have many now and they were (and are still) a big success with our three children.
on 25 February 2011
This is a really lovely book with wonderful illustrations. The stories are quite short, with relatively little text on each page. This means they can either make a short and sweet bedtime story or if you prefer you can spend longer talking about what is shown in the illustrations.

The book is hardback, approx A5 size and an inch or so thick.

I bought this for my baby and was so pleased with it that I've bought another two as presents!
on 29 April 2011
Bought this to read to my 2-year old and both he and my 4-year old love it. The stories are mostly traditional ones with a new one (to me) in the middle. The illustrations are great - the stories very well told - good quality with thick pages. Definitely highly recommended.
on 29 August 2013
I love these Usborne story books, they're perfect for our little one's bedtime tale. The stories are great, thought there is a little cross-over.
on 20 January 2016
Smashing book, my toddler loves it - has displaced a lot of other bedtime books for the time being....