Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 May 2017
My 5 year old son loves this range of books; he obviously can't read them all himself yet, but he loves reading through it with me and opening all the flaps!
on 26 March 2017
Product was good. However the delivery charges were high
on 13 January 2010
I bought this book (along with the See Inside Space book) for my 5 year old daughter for Christmas. Visually it's fantastic: she adores the colours, the busy, detailed pictures, and of course finding all the flaps and opening them. However, I do think it is misnamed, as its focus is clearly on climate change. Unlike another reviewer, I don't have a problem with this, as I don't see climate change as a "belief", but a scientific fact (that reveiewer seemed to equate buying this for a child with buying them a religious book). But as the information is oriented around the impact of human activity on Planet Earth, rather than simply giving straight geographical information, maybe it should called "Our Changing Planet" or something. But I still gave it four stars because my daughter doesn't care, she loves it anyway. The Space book is also brilliant, but does what it says on the tin.
on 8 August 2012
I bought this book as I wanted to teach the kids about the planet, geography, geography, the weather, etc. I remember having a book like this as a child and I really loved it. In this respect, it is OK (not great), but the description of the book says it has a feature on climate change. In fact, almost every page is about climate change in some way with a section at the end about "saving the planet" (by the way, the planet will survive, even if we don't). I'm not a climate change sceptic, but there are people who think climate change is a piece of alarmist political indoctrination being shoved down our throats, and books like this mean they actually have a point.

I'd love to find a book that just teaches my kids about the science. If I want a book on climate change, I will order one.
on 30 May 2016
Too much politics in the book, try's to indoctrinate children on several topics.
on 15 March 2011
This is a really lovely book that my son, 4 years, loves looking through. With so many flaps to lift it involves him in learning about the world and through me reading it we get to enjoy it together.
on 22 February 2009
I brought this book for my 4 year old son as a christmas present, to help him learn all about the Earth. The book is brilliant, we sit and read it nearly every day, he loves it and He's learning so much. He loves lifting up the flaps and finding out more. They are made from thick cardboard so they are very strong and sturdy, not like other books which bend and tear really easily.
I would definitly reccommend this book to everyone especially children who just love learning new things. Great book.
on 19 July 2017
A great book for a grandson fascinated by the world around him.
on 25 November 2013
Great for birthday presents! I bought a few and it never disappoints. With the special offer it makes it worthwhile to buy several at the same time!
on 11 October 2011
There is some good stuff in here but 1 star is all I can give because most of it is about the parlous state of the planet, which whilst very probably true is no way to present it to a 4 year old. The book should have focused on what people can and are doing on each page, rather than going on and on about everything that's being destroyed which makes it depressing and difficult to read with a small child. There is one page at the end on what you can do - though even that's put in negative terms: A says: "We have no recyling". B says: Complain! You get the idea.