on 20 April 2015
I love these books and so do my children. The pictures are captivating even when they were tiny.

As they started growing, they've been enjoying these even more and keep looking for their favourite page in each of them to scratch or touch the different textures although it's true that some adjectives become a bit repetitive across the books but the drawing cover for that.

They are also very solid books with thick pages compared to other ones out there as my children haven't managed to completely tear them apart doing their favourite 'chew on everything everything' activity.

The multi sensory approach along with a simple concept of looking through drawings with bright colours and simple make this a very lovely book that grows with your child as they start learning more words and looking for the right animal (see note at the end).

To sum-up, these books are absolutely brilliant so please don't hesitate.

Note/Spoiler alert: The animal you're looking for is on the last page :)
2 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2014
I love these books. We have a big collection of these here at home and my daughter has had many, many hours and days of entertainment from them. I started her on these at about 6 months of age and at 16 months now she still loves to read them.

Each page, including the cover, has a picture with part of it being made of materials that encourage touch, like fur or silk. The wording on each page is simple and rhythmic, making it almost like reading a poem. I find that these books serve many purposes; the material encourages tactile play, the easy use of language helps develop interest in reading and the use of grammar encourages specific lingual habits that aid later learning, and the subjects covered in the book help the child begin to identify those things in reality (like tongue, beard, mane etc). You also find a small white mouse on each page and I found that as my daughter grew she began pouring out the mouse, which led her on to pouring out each item that applied to her, like body parts.

A wonderful and varied series of books that every toddler home should have!
2 people found this helpful
on 12 March 2018
Nice book, much the same as the others in the series. There is one very creepy looking penguin in there though, with velvety wings!
on 26 November 2014
I have ordered a few of the 'thats not my .... ' book as gifts for my nephews and my friends offspring and I have recieved postve feedback from both children and parents. My eldest nephew (now 7) often enjoys reading these books to his younger brother. He also enjoyed these stories being read to him. The little mouse to find on every page also is also loved by the children.
on 7 April 2014
My son is a huge fan of these books, got his first at 9months now 18 months and he goes to the bookshelf and brings em to me to read when he wants to read em which is at least twice a day. They all pretty similar tho so wouldnt get too many as alot of repetition with the rough smooth shiny feels etc but I guess the different pictures is good for em.
on 26 October 2017
Thanks nice book to add to my daughters collection of these series of books
on 28 December 2014
7-month old daughter loves this!! Unlike some other stories in the range, this one has large 'feely bits' to touch and she literally hones in on the sensory areas which are large enough to see.

The last page is her favourite where she gets to stroke a furry penguin chick.
on 22 January 2015
my daughter has a penguin teddy she loves & takes everywhere with her. I bought this book for her based on that. it's as you'd expect one of these books to be - "that's not my penguin bla bla bla ... THAT'S my penguin ..." anyway, she likes it cos it's a penguin :)
on 4 November 2017
Another great "that's not my" book. Touchy-feely, with sturdy pages. Great.
on 18 January 2018
Great illustrations and stories to read for your kids