on 27 January 2016
Was perfect for a husband who has not cooked before, 2 years on and still using the recipes
on 5 December 2011
I gave this book to my 6 yr old grandson, Ronan, who loves to be in the kitchen participating with the prep,cooking and baking process. He sat down and read this book cover to cover...yes he reads well. A few of the recipes were food items he doesn't like though that did not prevent him to thoroughly go through this book in anticipation of getting in the kitchen to cook. He noted he needs to place two book markers on the pages that explain the "how-to's".
on 18 February 2013
Bought this book for my father who is new to cooking and there's a lot in there that's very useful to the 'not so clued up' budding chef. May even get a copy for myself as it covers the basic things that a lot of other cookery books neglect to mention.
on 4 September 2012
I baught this book for my granson a few yrs ago and he uses it quite often, now i have got it for my grandaughter , i recoment it to all who are starting to learn, its great and so much detail you can't posably go wrong..BUY IT !!!Beginners Cookbook (Usborne Cookbooks)
on 1 November 2012
This really is a great cook book. I have bought several copies for pressies. There is great variety. It is really well laid out and straight forward. I can't recommend it enough, it is my most used cook book and I have lots. Not just for kids, a book for everyone!
on 18 December 2014
Arrived in loads of time ready for a present for Christmas.
on 26 June 2012
I love this cook book so much. I have just made the chicken and bacon pasta and it was fantastic. My kids and my husband love using the book to as the diagrams and pictures help a great deal. As a mum who loves to cook, this book is perfect for families who want good, wholesome tasty food.
on 5 February 2012
This book does exactly what it says on the tin. It explains everything in a simple manner and in a way that doesn't at all seem confusing. It gets to some elements of cooking and the things you can make are simple, but that's how it should be.
on 23 June 2011
This book is excellent for beginners, and particularly good for children as it's well laid out with pictorial instructions. It's not only a recipe book, but it also contains useful information rgearding food/ nutrition that's easy to understand. A mixture of beautiful photographs and illustrated drawings makes this book visually appealing. The book opens easily and remains so as it's spiral bound, which is useful when following the recipe as you go along (i.e. you don't have to prop the book open). It's durable and very good value for money. I highly recommend this book for all ages.
on 21 June 2016
excellent for all age children