on 21 May 2010
I was most impressed with this Children's Bible. It is well written and well illustrated. My grand children love to be read the stories. It would make an excellent christening gift or indeed a special gift for any occasion.
on 14 March 2010
Absolutely beautiful bible, excellent binding, printed on first class many coloured pages, from cream to yellow, to ochre, light blue to dark blue. Wonderful illustrations. Stories twwo to three pages, just the right length. Could not be more pleased with the book. Only complaint, and now waiting urgently for another one and they are not yet in stock.
on 5 February 2011
I have been looking for a Children's Bible for a few weeks now as my daughter is taking her 1st Communion in June 2011. This is an absolutely beautiful bible...the stories are extremely child friendly and it is split into the Old and New Testament. At first, my daughter read one story per day, but she couldn't stop reading it, so she has now finished the Old Testament and is regaling me with stories of how God created the world and why Adam and Eve were the 1st people, Noah and his Ark and even Jonah and the Whale. The New Testament is prevalent in her lessons at the moment, Baptism was on the agenda, so prior to going to the class, she read Jesus' baptism by John. I must admit that I am enjoying reading it as well and so is my mum (who suffered a stroke a few years ago and finds it hard to read a book). The illustrations are lovely and it is the right size for small hands and the right weight. The page marker comes in handy as well.
on 1 March 2011
This collection of stories from the Old and New Testament is aimed at children older than mine (5 and 3) therefore the low ratio of pictures to text isn't as engaging for them as I'd have liked. However, the stories are well told and feature attractive illustrations. The font used is a little unclear, making it difficult to see the difference between commas and full stops. I'd say this Bible would be suitable for kids aged 7 and above.
on 19 January 2012
I bought this bible for my 9 year old daughter, who has become rather enquisitive of this subject. This is a padded back book; beautiful illustrations; easy to read text; beautifully written. Just perfect for a first bible for children. Usbourne never fail to deliver exceptional quality imho.
on 7 November 2013
I,ve bought this bible for my niece as part of her Christmas......so as yet this review is from my prospective. I love this wee bible....it has loads of colour, illustrations and I.m sure will keep her interest! This will be her first bible.....she is 8...a very avid reader and I,m pretty sure it won't be long before she will continue on to a more serious bible....but for the first bible...this will do perfectly! Great price too....well packaged. I don't have a bad word to say for this product.
on 14 June 2012
This book got excellent comments at mass the other Sunday from a lady who sells children's books - accolade enough for a book just the right size to take to church and read quietly during the "boring bits" for a seven year old.
on 14 October 2012
I bought this thinking that it was the same size as the illustrated bibles that I had when I was young. It's not though (as a rough comparison it's more A5-ish than A4-ish). I appreciate that that's my fault for making assumptions but as a result the book isn't quite what I'd hoped for. It's beautifully made and the stories are good, but for my 8 year old niece, the font is just a bit too small to encourage her to read it alone. Bit disappointed, but in the end that's my fault, not really that of the book.
on 29 November 2012
Ordered this Illustrated Bible for my young son (2yrs) so that I could start reading Bible stories to him on a night time whilst he looks at the illustrations.

It is beautifully illustrated but the print is very small (tiny would describe it a bit better) and text seems to prevail over illustration which would lead to the youngster losing interest in the stories.

I would find it tiring and difficult to read it to him so it is going to have to go on the bookshelf for a few years which is bit disappointing.
on 5 November 2013
Bought this for my 8 year old as she is preparing for her Holy Communion shortly. We both take it in turn reading stories. Great illustrations. The print cold be better but that's just a small niggle. Great for Children that can read.
Very pleased with this purchase.