Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 April 2017
Our four year old daughter is fascinated with space and rockets so bought this for her to find out a bit more. It's a lovely book for young children with just the right amount of information to make it both educational and interesting for her. Lots of facts, information, drawings and photos. Good quality book and would highly recommend if you have youngsters interested in the topic.
on 15 March 2017
Excellent book for my 5 yr old grandson who is doing a project on Space in Year 1 at school. He took it in to share with his class and teacher.
on 1 October 2009
I was really impressed with this book, I used it with my year 1 class when looking at the topic of space it is easy to follow,has good photos and diagrams and simple information for children to follow. The website links in the back reinforced the learning.Would recommend.
on 5 December 2010
Bought this for my five year old daughter who had lots of questions about life in space. Its a great book for her. Not loads of information but stuff she would be interested in like what and how spacemen eat, where they sleep, what they do in space, and what happens to bit of the craft as it blasts off. I love all the books we have bought in this series would recommend to anyone with a curious child
on 20 March 2010
My three year old has started asking lots of questions about the world around him and this series of books is great for trying to explain. They are very simple, concise non-fiction texts. Some are a little too complex for 3 year olds but definately good for 4+ or even older children who find reading more difficult. I am a primary teacher and would recommend them for young children who prefer reading non-fiction. A lovely intoduction to reading fact books.
on 8 June 2013
It is a shame because essentially this book is very good, but it is rather out of date now. It is largely about the Space Shuttle which ceased flying in 2011 and talks about building a space station, when the International Space Station was completed in the same year. Looking at the publish date I see it was originally written in 2002, so no wonder.
on 28 May 2014
This book was not exactly what I was expecting because it was a little smaller and had a hard cover. However, I work in a school and I took this book in to share parts with the children. They loved it. There were some bits that they found fascinating such as being strapped down to the toilet and having to hoover up the water from a shower. I used this book with children from Reception to year three. This could be used as high up as year six because of the amount of information in it or it can be shared with children in Reception- I had the children act out hovering up shower water.
on 24 May 2014
My son aged 5 absolutely loved this, it was pitched just right and he could read almost all of it for himself. I've knocked off a star because the facts are slightly out of date. It talks about the International Space Station as a work in progress and covers the space shuttles obviously before they were retired. My son was still fascinated though and desperate for more in the series.
on 16 May 2015
My seven year old loves this book and it was a topic at school so good back- up to her learning .
She had read it over breakfast urging everyone to " Look at this ! "
Right level for her age to engage her interest .
on 27 July 2013
Nicely illustrated, seems to grab my sons attention and good informationMy 5 year old son enjoys looking and reading this book.