Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 September 2008
Usborne books can usually be relied upon to deliver, but this one is a little disappointing. It is sold as a book for children who are beginning to read on their own, andthe language is appropriate, but the amount of text could be off-putting to an absolute beginner. Most of our favourit dinosaurs are there, as well as many less well-known ones. Illustrations are a bit fanciful - Apatosaurus with purple, blue and green markings; Allosaurus with "go faster" stripes and Stegosaurus with a "sunburst" underbelly. The book rightly points out that no-one really knows what colour they were, so the illustrations might be correct. However, they conflict with conventional representations (for example in the BBC "waling with Dinosaurs" series) and this may cause confusion. Packed with useful, easily digested information, but probably not a good first book for young enthusiasts.
on 28 May 2014
My three year old is obsessed with dinosaurs and I wanted to buy a book that actually teaches him some facts about them. This was the perfect solution. I had to read it several times in a row immediately after receiving it - he loved it. I was worried some of the facts might be a bit over his head, but they're written in such a way that is easy for a child to understand. Highly recommended!
on 13 February 2014
LOVELY LITTLE BOOK FOR 3 YEAR OLD GIR WHO LOVES ALL THINGS DINOSAUR !! - I DIDN'T LIKE THE SCARY T-REX ON THE FRONT BUT SHE DID ! - AND THE OTHER PICS ARE GOOD - SHE WILL BE ABLE TO READ MORE AS SHE GETS OLDER SO WILL BE KEPT FOR LONG TIME AND PASSED DOWN TO LITTLEBROTHER - GOOD LITTLE BOOK FOR A GOOD LITTLE PRICE !!
on 6 July 2016
It is so hard to find factual books for young readers, my six year old struggles with reading, especially as he doesn't really enjoy fiction, but these have grabbed his interest and he is able to read many words unaided.
on 1 October 2010
I found this book really great for my 2 year old son. There is enough text to keep him entertained, and not too much to bore him. The pictures are nice and colourful too, though he didn't recognise the multi-coloured T Rex at first. This book enables him to add a little more to the dinosaurs he is learning about; i.e. whether they are carnivorous, speedy, big or small.

This is well worth the money for those just starting to learn about dinosaurs.
on 23 April 2013
Fairly good book. My two year old son appears to like it and it does have some nice colourful pictures of dinosaurs inside. As other posters have commented, the colours of the dinosaurs are not conventional but I don't suppose that matters too much. I was slightly disappointed in that the pictures inside the book are no where near as good as the front cover, which is a shame. Also the book is smaller than I thought it was going to be but that is my fault as I could probably have found this out if I had looked into it a bit more closely.
on 21 February 2016
Very disappointing - this is a small, very thin book, not what you'd expect for the price, and hardly any information inside. The sort of quality you might expect in a party bag. Don't bother. I'm returning.
on 7 April 2013
this book is great, bought it for 3yr old as he collects dinosaurs, has all names, hes very inquisitive, asks questions,
i would definatly recomend, a good starter for information, colourful pictures,
am going get him some more from collection, theres load for children and very educational,
on 4 December 2009
My 4yr old is dino mad and loved this. A good little book but smaller than I expected...
on 22 November 2013
we are currently studying dinosaurs in our class and this book is great to read to the children and for them to read themselves it is clear and easy to read.