Format: Hardcover|Change

on 5 July 2010
I bought this book for my little boy who is three and fasinated by why it rains and what causes thunder and lightning. He loves flicking through the pages and talking about the pictures.

We have also got the Usborne Beginners books about Volcanoes (bought beacuse of questions about the ash stopping planes flying!), Bugs and Seashore - all are fab so I am sure we will be buying others in the series. All are books we will be able to use for years to come and he will eventually read himself.
on 17 July 2010
My son aged 4.5 really liked this book and I have to say I thought it was fab too!.Great pictures and well explained, my son immediately asked if he could have more books in this series.......... I think he's likely to get them as they are great.
on 13 February 2009
My 5 year old loves this book. Explains different weather systems really clearly just at the right level.
on 21 September 2013
Very good. My girls and I reach for this book often when the weather changes, or when there is news about a storm or flood, or when we happen to be having a lightning/thunder session. I love the ability to read and talk about our world with them using this clear book full of illustrations.
on 14 July 2014
Brilliant for my 3 1/2 year old, who is really into storms, especially tornado's. Good pictures for the non-reader simple explanations for how weather works. Only downside is it's a bit too American focused.
on 13 January 2011
We bought this book for a stocking filler for my information-hungry 4 year old. She absolutely loves it. It contains brief but informative information about all sorts of weather, which has really fired my daughter's imagination. She is constantly quoting facts she's learnt, to the extent that her pre-school teacher has asked me to send the book into school so that they can look at it together. Great buy and I'll certainly consider others in the same series.
on 18 December 2012
This is a great book for children. I worked in a primary school for several years and this book is simple to read but very informative for young minds. It keeps my grandson interested and he is only 5 yrs. old. He can read this all by himself.
on 17 March 2013
we have a number of these books now.We give them to our son as rewards each time he does something good at school. He really likes them and so do we.
on 30 January 2012
This is a great book for explaining the weather to young children, it is interesting for them whether they can read or not, and a good size for them to hold on there own, like all Usborne books great value for money.
Weather (Usborne Beginners)
on 29 December 2011
Bought as Christmas gifts for two young inquiring minds. They are delighted and therefore so am I.
Received on time, in good condition. Delighted.