on 5 June 2013
I choose this book because I am a psychotherapist and fairy tales/children's stories are part of my work. Also I have grandchildren who love stories. I read it to my grand-daughter who loved the pictures and as she is almost 6 years old could follow the story. It was also about the right length for her concentration. For me - I loved the illustrations, brings the story to life; the illustrations brought the little characters alive - loved the subtle colourings. The A5 size is great for carrying around.
12 people found this helpful
on 22 October 2014
This is a beautifully illustrated book & is a good introduction to Alice for a younger child. I am a great fan of the Tenniel pictures but liked the pictures in this edition too. Of course a lot is missing & there are favourite bits from the original which are skimmed over BUT that is the case with any book that is abridged.
5 people found this helpful
on 21 February 2017
This book is fantastic for early readers. My son is a great reader, but has visual processing disorder, so having the pictures is fantastic to help him with this. I said to him, would you like to read your new book at bed time, and he promptly said "no thanks I read it twice at tea time already! "
Very happy with the level of story and illustration - would recommend
on 17 April 2016
My 5 year old loves the book, he cannot read all the words but enjoys reading it with me. I like that this is a small format hardback but font is quite big so a kid can read it one day by themselves.
on 25 January 2014
A beautifully illustrated and well-edited version of a favourite story. Just right to introduce a new generation of children to this timeless tale.
3 people found this helpful
on 2 March 2014
I'm a 9 year old girl i bought this book for world book day and I read it and it was amazing.
4 people found this helpful
on 22 April 2017
lovely storybook
on 18 December 2015
It is just right for very young readers, simple attractive pictures and easy reading for young children.
on 16 September 2016
Good value/ Prompt delivery
on 6 March 2015
Lovely book, lovely illistrations. Great introduction to a classic novel for young children. My daughter is three and loves it.
One person found this helpful