on 13 June 2005
This book is awesome. i don't like boring girly books and this is the first book i seen that does proper fun stuff. i really liked making a pirate hat and making my own hook, but my favourite project was making a ships rat.
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2006
My five year old son loves this book - and I do too! It has some great things to make that are simple and require no special skills, tools or materials. There are sheets of gold coloured pirate themed stickers to jazz up the projects too. Highly recommended.
on 19 July 2008
I bought this for my son's 6th birthday and if you ask him what his favourite present was he would say this book! He/We have made a telescope, treasure chest, swords, pirate hat... and you don't need much in the way of art supplies to do it. Cardboard (from the recycling), glue, scissors and perhaps paint if you want to go down that route (we did). Book contains lots of pirate stickers for you to stick onto your creations to help them look the part. The instructions are very step by step too (I did struggle a bit with the telescope though). Excellent book for your budding pirate.
on 8 July 2008
My 4 year old son managed to grasp, prepare and achieve many of these projects with relatively little help - and be really satisfied with the results. Highly recommended for a rainy day.
on 27 October 2008
this book was great for my year one topic of pirates. i used along with the night pirates. lots of good ideas for crafty acticites and my displays in the classroom.
on 17 June 2009
Lovely book i bought it fir my 5yr old but feel it would be much better for slightly older children 6-8 yrs.
Very good response from supplier with quick delivery
on 30 August 2009
I am using this resource with a non-reader, to encourage him to follow instructions and to see that print can be useful. The items made are appropriate for most age ranges in the primary sector and would be useful for a Pirate theme at school, or for fun at home.
on 20 October 2012
LOVELY FUN BOOK!!!
GRATE FOR SITING DOWN WITH LITTLE ONE AND DOING LOTS OF CUTING AND PASTING AND PAINTING,WHAT FUN FOR ALL WHEN CREATING STUFF WITH YOUR LITTLE ONE GRATE FOR MOTHERS AND FATHER/ FRIST SCHOOLS! LOTS OF FUN CAN BE HAD WITH THIS BOOK GRATE FOR BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS, NON SCARY AND GOOD THING TO DO I LIKE IT... FROM MISS R.P.
VINE VOICEon 31 January 2016
A hit with my pirate crazy four year old nephew. He has spent many hours with his mum and my mum making the stuff in this book. I bought him it for Christmas and wrapped it with a big pot of pva glue and a packet of coloured paper and card. The stuff is quite easy to make with a bit of supervision and it has kept him and my family entertained.
on 25 October 2014
Most activity books give you photocopy-friendly designs to work from, not this book. I am not skilled at drawing, every activity tells me to draw things.
Includes a centre page sprea of gold stickers, but they have the sticking ability of silk.
The activities ARE good, am just used to being helped more. Especially for £4!