Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 August 2009
I have used this book in schools for a year now and find that it is perfect for beginner guitar players at year 3 and 4 levels. The pieces start straight in with tunes using B A and G (therefore I use an introduction sheet that covers open notes and the A note) and after lead into some common tunes with degrees of difficulty that push the guitar player without expecting too much. Compared with the Guitarists Way book one and Debbie Cracknells Enjoy Playing Guitar for the age group I think this wins due to having 50 tunes for the same price. The sticker system is a winner with all the children. There are some duets too for groups. No chords are introduced although I sometimes show the chords to the simple tunes, which are mostly G and D7 anyway. There are two books to follow on, "Easy Guitar Tunes" and "Guitar Tunes for Children" so its progressive enough for the able and eager.
on 5 February 2009
Easy to use book. Tunes are recognisable, although you need to read music to play them.
on 19 July 2010
this is a great beginners learning book for children.
My son is learning to play and he's love the book. He's only 4, but the bright graphics, pictures and stickers are great for encouragement. He's onlt just started to learn, but we're using the book to teach him about music and the notes on a guitar.
Though i think any 8 year old plus kid may find some of the songs a little childish.
Though a Nursery/Preschool/early years teacher who can play guitar might find it useful as an introduction to learning music.
But for my son and I it will be a good start. He can learn to play all the songs he knows how to sing. That's the point of a guitar right?
on 12 July 2013
I bought this for my young daughter to go with her first guitar, I had assumed it would be chord based it is not. The very easy tunes are all note based with proper musical notation. I have not given it to my daughter as it is not easy enough. If you can read or want to learn to read music then it has a nice selection of tunes but I think it will be a while before we can use it.
on 1 April 2013
My grandson had just started playing the guitar, and having lessons. I didn't want to confuse him, but as he had so far not been given any music, it was a rewarding exercise to work things out for himself and be able to play a tune!
on 4 July 2014
Very easy tunes indeed, so long as you are happy to be learning to read notation ( which isn't entirely clear in the description ). Some of the pages are coloured a bit too deeply which I personally find irritating - lighter backgrounds would be better. The guitar is an instrument that has possibilities that are not always served particularly well with notation, but if you want to steer your child through the world of classical guitar then this book might help them with the basics. Although, as a guitar teacher, I haven't found much use for this book yet.
on 7 December 2009
I bought this book for my son when started guitar lessons because I wanted to trigger his interest for tunes outside his guitar book. These tunes are easy for a begginer and made him feel very self confident because there were tunes he could learn on his own.
on 27 December 2012
If you want to learn the guitar, I would recommend this book to anyone
It was simple to follow, with instructions, brillant as a paperback.
It was also cheap to buy. Well done to amazon as it was delivered
within 2 days of purchase, and well packaged.
I am a very happy customer!
on 30 January 2013
Found it very difficult to find a guitar book for a child who has never read music, this one does have a guide but in the back pages not on the page with the music, making the job that much harder to learn as we go along...
on 28 February 2013
I ordered it as I would like to learn guitar and I like children songs. I hope one day I can play well and sing together with children as I am studying early childhood. I found this book is easy to follow and the songs are all children favourites.