on 25 February 2001
This book was originally bought with "I can draw people" as birthday presents for friends of my daughter. The response from the parents was so pleasing that I bought the book myself for my daughters birthday, and yes I had to agree with them, that not only does it help the child to grasp the basics of drawing animals, it also gave me the confidence to draw an animal when she requested so. Would recommend this book to any parent of young children who's drawing of a cat does not look much like one!!
on 17 October 2008
I bought this to save face when asked to draw by my four year old grand-daughters. I am devoid of any drawing skills, the only one in the family who can not draw a square. This book is a god-send! Not only can I draw mice that look like mice but a flamingo that is not mistaken for a vulture.I am no longer humiliated and do a mean line in illustrated stories! A perfect gift for the artistically challenged Grans!
on 16 April 2015
This is a used book and Usborne seems discontinue the publish of this one. A very nice teaching material for children. All the animals inside are lovely and drawing instructions are easy to follow. Although the book is quite worn out, the content has exceeded my expectation. I try my best effort to "revive" the book by wrapping a transparent plastic cover. I hope my girl will treasure this book also.
on 7 September 2010
My 4 year old daughter loves this book. It has excellent, easy to follow instructions with clear pictures to guide. Nice, simple pictures to copy so success every time! Love it so much we also bought it for her friend for her birthday. Would definitely recommend for Nursery/ Reception/ Year One aged children who are starting to show an interest in drawing- is excellent for making cards for friends and relatives.
on 8 October 2013
I first bought this book when my boys were young (2-3) and they loved it, so I bought it again when my granddaughter was old enough to hold pencils. It has step by step easy to follow instructions and has been used many times. Excellent book for the very young.
on 17 April 2012
I bought this book for my grandson when aged 5 and we both learned to draw together, having great fun.
on 20 June 2013
My 6 year old granddaughter loves this book! It has easy to follow diagrams for drawing a number of different animals.
on 23 February 2010
I can't draw to save my life, and even my daughter (then 5) realised how hopeless I was - devastating, as she shows signs of becoming a gifted artist and felt that I was letting down the side! This book is fantastically well presented, and the way that it teaches children (and adults) to break an object down into its basic shape elements not only teaches them to reproduce what's in the book, but ultimately to draw new items for themselves. I love this book, and would suggest it as an ideal present for small children
on 30 December 2013
Bought for my 7 year old niece who loves to draw. I believe it will be very helpful - it certainly improved my attempts after I tried a few of the suggestions and I can't draw a straight line!
on 24 January 2016
I had this book before and I got it ruined in water, but it was so good for my older son that I bought it again for my two little ones. Really nice.