Customer reviews

on 3 September 2015
For a book titled "How are babies made", I find it disappointing and inappropriate to evade the subject of intercourse. The illustrations and pop-up features are nice, though, so if you feel you want to talk about babies but not about intercourse, this is the book for you.
on 11 June 2017
Bought this for a 5 yr old who is fascinated by pregnancy. Just right for her and she loves this book.
on 19 May 2017
Nice book but it doesn't really answer the big question.
on 18 June 2014
We bought this book to share with our 3 year old (nearly 4) to explain how babies are made (because she has 2 mums). The book explains the process from conception through to the baby being born in simple yet scientific terms that ensure understanding at the level that the child is able to relate and without confusing the biological process of baby making with the social construct of what constitutes a parental relationship. Our daughter's Montessori Teachers also loved the book and it has been used in her class to educate the children. Highly recommended for those who want their children to work with the facts rather than the birds and the bees approach.
on 19 February 2016
Item as described. Fast delivery & great communication. A *
on 21 February 2015
A nice book for younger children. There are lots of pictures, nice cartoon-style drawings, and my 5 year old enjoyed lifting the flaps and finding out about babies from this book. It's maybe a little bit too wordy in places, certainly for a new reader to read by themselves. But I'd say its definitely a good 1st book for a young child, and it's also good for carers/parents who aren't quite ready to go into the whole sex thing with a younger child, as it mentions - but doesn't go into *too* much detail - about exactly where the baby comes out, or how the egg and sperm actually go about getting together ;)
on 14 April 2017
great book , just enough detail for my 6 year old daughter
on 17 November 2014
Nice pictures and lift the flaps but just a bit joyless compared to the book I had as a kid. Nice having realistic pic of Mum feeling sick but what about fun descriptions of Mum and Dad cuddling and then seeing happiness about new baby.
on 18 March 2014
My five year grandson has read this avidly for weeks and he could inform his class teacher at school all about everything in the book in a clear and uncluttered style.
on 22 February 2015
I was introduce to this book many years ago by a friend of my before I had my first child, she lent to me to show my first child how bady was form but he was too young then but now he is 5 years old he started to ask question, so I remember this book and I find it is a suitable book for him to understand through us reading it or by himself.