on 3 January 2002
I bought this book for my four year old daughter, by mail order not knowing what to expect. When it came I was pleasantly suprised by the quality of the paper and colouring of the pages. However, I was slightly daunted by the number of pieces (80+) which made up the model. I would recommend a craft knife for the cutting out and UHU glue (quick drying) rather than PVA. Having given the book to my daughter for Christmas she was excited about making it. She helped with much of the sticking. Many of the roofs lift up to find hidden rooms and two walls open. There are several extra people and animals to play with. My six year old also likes it. For adults to build but children to play with. Finished model is quite large so make sure you have room. Excellent quality - a great buy at a good price. I am going to buy others in the series.
on 6 November 2006
I bought this to make with my 7 and 5 year old children. Although most of the making has been down to me on the grounds that it's too complicated for them (actually I'm having far too much fun to share!) they have been totally fascinated with the process and love the (half) finished result.

An excellent craft activity for young and old!

I have also made the dinosaur scene from the same series which was much more child friendly in the assembly stage and my 5 year old son loves to play with the dinosaurs.

Now for the life-size skeleton ....
on 8 June 2016
This is the 3rd (!) time I've bought this. The first time when I was 15, got quite far then abandoned it before I attached the castle to the mountain base. The second time, I found it in a charity shop. It was on more to do list to finally complete it but it got lost in a house move. Now I have a child and would love to have a crack at completing it for my son... (and me).
on 21 April 2013
This is fabulous. The detail is amazing. I spent a good few days making this I love it. Would have given it 5 stars but I felt that the instructions were a little lacking at times.
on 4 November 2013
This is absolutely amazing, this is going to take a little while to make, but I am looking forward to the task.
on 29 June 2016
Brilliant concept looking forward to Harry Potter version?
on 2 March 2016
Good quality cut-out book.