on 25 September 2015
A great book for when you are studying
on 29 May 2013
Bought this as the required reading for a distance learning course in New Testament theology. Well worth the money. A clearly presented and readable introduction to the topic, with pictures to keep you going when you get a bit bored!
2 people found this helpful
on 25 August 2014
Excellent purchase, it will be a useful tool for my studies
on 14 April 2013
I bought it as a core text for teaching NT introduction for lay ministers - perfect choice. Very good background information and some very helpful insights. well illustrated and referenced too.
on 21 September 2017
Good service. Brilliant book that enables study at own level
on 21 February 2015
Clear concise descriptions of Christian theology and key doctrines
on 28 June 2014
a very good reference book when you can find what you are looking for.
on 4 February 2013
This is such a useful book and I would recommend it to anyone interested in the New Testament. I also bought introducing the Old Testament which is a good companion book.
One person found this helpful
on 23 May 2013
I found this book invaluable in helping me understand the books of the New Testament. It is great as a study aid or just to read it.
One person found this helpful
on 14 July 2006
In contrast to the next reviewer down, I find `Introducing the New Testament' invaluable to my studies (I'm just finishing the first year of a degree course with the London School of Theology). John Drane's easy-going style even when dealing with sometimes complex theological issues, coupled with the wonderfully user-friendly book layout (see my review of Drane's `Introducing the Old Testament') make this an excellent title. There is more than enough scholarly information here to begin serious NT studying while still being easily accessible enough for more casual Bible study.

I have been fortunate in being able to compare this revised edition with the previous edition: there has been a small but significant "sharpening up" of the text and the above mentioned layout has changed (and improved) greatly, and there is also (at least one) completely new Special Article - `The gospels as Graeco-Roman biography' (P168). It's surprising how much difference - and how greatly positive that difference is - between first and revised editions of this book.

As I said in my review of `Introducing the OT', this title should be considered mandatory to anyone even vaguely interested in Christian or biblical things.
23 people found this helpful