on 25 October 2016
Perfect. Delivered on time and the product was exactly as described
on 2 August 2017
I was encouraged to read this as I am struggling with certain faith issues: not so much that of the title, but more "Is God real, or is everything just chance?". To an extent the book addresses that question presenting arguments against macro-evolution (lack of evidence, abandonment of a null hypothesis to an extent that wouldn't be tolerated in other branches of science) and some statistical analysis of the probability of everything evolving in a random fashion.

That said, the book was an immense disappointment viewed against the rave reviews of Lennox as a speaker and apologeticist put forward by evangelical Christians. For me the book was rambling, could have been far more succinct and better and more clearly argued and unnecessarily used over-complicated language. It comes across as very intellectual and academic, but the train of argument just isn't clear much of the time. The leap from refuting macro-evolution to accepting the Christian message is huge and largely unsupported by rational argument.
on 25 May 2017
I have four degrees, including two in Biology, and I am also a Christian. This book by a Christian who is also a Professor of Mathematics was likely to be attractive to me, and so it proved. In fact, I can't remember a book I more enjoyed. It is logical and rational, and a delight to read.
on 23 January 2017
Brilliantly exposes the facileness and irrationality of New Atheism and the seriousness and weight of the Christian stance. A great book to read by a famous Christian apologist and brilliant mathematician.
on 8 June 2017
Quoting for and against throughout the author has presented a compelling, scientific argument for intelligent design. He allows for scepticism and fully explains (without using the 'God of the gaps' argument his reasoning in refuting the claims of the likes of Dawkins with full reference to accredited scientists working in a range of fields from maths to biology through quantum physics.
on 22 August 2017
I attended a lecture given by John Lennox and afterwards read this book. I have ambivalent feelings towards Lennox's arguments; much of the book was intelligent and thought provoking, but there were also many faulty analogies and long chunks of quotes from other authors. Lennox is a very intelligent man but he is not a biologist. As a disclaimer, I am a Christian, but I am not sure I would use any of the arguments from this book during a debate.

Then again, I am no scientist. Perhaps a lot of the wisdom went over my head.
on 19 December 2015
I just wanted to see some articulate, concise and academic arguments against the atheist giants of Oxford, I thought who better than Oxford's very own John Lennox. I was not disappointed, he covers the issues so well and logically that you can't help but bring out the highlighter to preserve some of the excellent points mentioned. Not being a Christian but a theist, i have still found it to be very useful. I would highly recommend it to people just wanting to strengthen their religion or even introduce themselves to theism through academia. A very good read.
on 16 August 2017
Great Book - covers the topic in good detail. Some aspects are a bit 'technical /theological' and needs a bit of concentration to follow the argument. Still I thoroughly enjoyed it and have a better grasp of the issues
on 13 August 2016
a fantastic book that leaves no stone unturned. Finally putting to bed any atheist arguement.
on 8 March 2016