Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 April 2004
I thouroughly enjoyed this book. It had just the right amount of humourand irreverence to keep we wanting to come back and yet at times proved tobe profound and revealing. The author doesn't get bogged down in dogma ortheological debate and so his bible becomes relevent and meaningful to me. A great way in to the good book.
on 11 November 2004
As a young Christian I found this book really useful as a general overview. It's a very helpful and interesting read helping you get to grips with the historical background and main themes that run through the individual books comprising the Bible. I would highly recommend it to other peeps to read ~alongside~ your Bible especially because of the fantastic humour and cartoons :D
on 5 February 2013
This is run-through of every book of the Bible plus loads of extra info to make the Good Book a bit easier to understand. The humourous cartoons make it fun for all ages(11-111). It is especially good for using with groups of young people and new christians, and also for those who have found Bible reading rather perplexing. A Minister once told me that the Bible needs to be read in 3 ways:

-through a telscope(overview)
-through normal glasses(regular reading)
-through a microscope(deep study of small chunks)

This book is perfect for the telescope view and I would highly recommend it to all christians.
on 7 October 2011
I bought this book for my son in Y7 because I thought it was published by the Catholic Truth Society (should have scrolled down!). I wish I had a book like this when I was doing religion in school. It is a layman's guide to the bible and gives you a wealth of information in bitesize chunks, keeping it entertaining as well as educational. Everyone should have one.
on 25 January 2015
What a great book, found it especially helpful to explain the bible to my teenage son - how it is a collection of books rather than one great big long book. It makes the bible more accessible and I often use it as a memory boost to refresh my knowledge of the basics. Great book for new or younger Christians who would find this comic style of explaining things easy to understand. I wouldn't use it as a stand alone book but in conjunction with a NLT, NIV or Youth bible.
on 6 November 2011
I was recomend this book like so many other christians u do not always understand the history of the bible. This helps to explain it and why things were done it is so much easyer to understand thank u.
on 13 February 2013
The jokey images may mislead you into thinking this isn't serious stuff. You'd be wrong. This is an approachable way into the diverse riches of the Bible AND it is solid. I am an Anglican deacon and I specifically recommend this book as something to be given to teenage confirmation candidates and adult baptism candidates.
on 16 May 2011
I first came across this when it was 'a little red book' many years ago, when I was new to Bible study. Way back then I had found it really helpful in mapping out the big themes and in tracing the One Story, from Genesis to Revelation. Best of all, though, I found it funny. An antidote to all the stuffiness of traditional commentaries and very, very accessible without being patronising. The only problem was that I would lend it to folk and never get it back! So for a long time I looked to replace my copies, but was told that it was out of print. I was so thrilled to see this re-working of the book back on the shelves. Now it is a must for use in confirmation preparation and in Bible study groups of any kind. I love it!
on 10 July 2010
I bought one of these ages ago, when I already knew quite a bit about the Bible. "Loved it loved it - every page great." And more recently when a friend of mine became interested in the Bible, I was really pleased to find that it's been reprinted.

It's exactly what my friend needed. Not too heavy - in fact rather the opposite. The style is fun and engaging. It's great for dipping into. Suitable for kids aged 10 - 99. I bought one for me too - mine got "loaned" to a friend many years ago.
on 16 May 2014
As a new Christian this book is a must.the bible is a very difficult book to understand and this books explains it in a down to earth and really gets you interested.its even dare i say fun to read in many parts with a good and appropriate humour.