Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 June 2000
This book was given to my daughter as a christening present, I read it to her while trying to get to her to sleep, but I found myself wanting to read on even though she had fallen asleep. A very well thought out publication.
on 9 August 2008
I have used this Bible for many years as a teacher of Religious studies to 7-11 year olds. It is beautifully written and faithful to the text of the 'real' Bible. Although I am supposed to be 'neutral' in my teaching, I have found that a number of pupils have been 'converted' by the text! The illustrations are a delight and complement the text so well. Small wonder it has sold so many copies and remained the market leader for so long.
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2014
Bought this as a present for my 6 year old, she loves it as the stories are very easy to understand and quite short (a page or 2 each). We've borrowed quite a few different ones from the library but this one is definitely the best. She is quite an advanced reader so can read it mostly on her own, but it does also make a great bedtime read for me to read aloud.
on 28 October 2015
Having had the benefit of the best Illustrated Children's Bible ever when I was a sprog - namely The Children's Bible In Colour by Hamlyn - I struggled to find anything remotely currently available. Settled on this offering, and it is pretty good all things considered. Certainly smaller and more easily handled than the Hamlyn tome, and hopefully my Grandson will like it. Not in the same league as the Hamlyn version, but a nice effort nonetheless.
However, for my money, nothing beats the Hamlyn Bible I received as a present from my Grandparents in 1972. Indeed, I recall I actually had two copies of this superb Bible at one time, and I bitterly regret allowing my parents to hive off all my books to my undeserving relatives when I left home. So, come on Hamlyn, when are you going to reprint it for the benefit of following generations? It is just so unfair primarily used examples are now only available - a new Hamlyn costs nearly a grand for heavens sake!
on 16 March 2010
We have been giving this bible to every child baptised in our church for over a year now and find it very easy to use and a special gift to give.
on 3 September 2012
I bought this for our son as he prepared for his First Holy Communion. It's lovely. The stories are written in easy to understand language and the illustrations are great. He enjoys reading it and as a result it's well used and is coping well with that usage. I recommend it. Would make a lovely gift.
on 2 March 2014
bought for my great-granddaughter who is just 5 years old- who loves her mum to read it to het nightly she loves to learn the details of the Bible and passes on to others the stories
on 3 August 2014
Given out to the children leaving Mother's and Toddler group. Very good response. The stories are easy to read to youngsters, and slightly older children can read the stories themselves. Very good starter bible.
on 15 May 2014
One of the best available introductions to the Bible for children. The colourful illustrations add understanding to a well-interpreted text.
on 1 July 2013
I brought this bible for my granddaughters as a baptism present and they love it.Its iseasy to read and for a child a really good buy.