Customer reviews

on 19 April 2016
I realise this is a childrens book but it's a very enjoyable mystery story of a young girl who finds out about her own family. I first read it when I was a young girl and it was a lovely story to revisit.
on 25 October 2015
my daughter loves this book , very happy with purchase , thnk you
on 19 May 2015
Wonderful gripping for adults and kids...
on 11 July 2003
I read this book about five years ago when I was 10 but it has still stayed with me. Another excellent read from Phillipa Pearce. It is one of those books you can't help but get deeply involved in it and it gets you thinking. You are just a anxious as Kate is to find her father. A beautiful story, one of my favourite books.
on 4 July 2014
Lovely book from childhood
on 19 February 2014
This book arrived in time a president for the wife not being a book reader can't really say much more about it. the wife said she liked the book
on 21 June 2000
I also read this book a few years ago, I think when I was 9 or 10. It brings back great memories - I found it very gripping and beautifully written, I remember revelling in the escapism it offered. It is the story of a young girl who tries to find her real family, connected with a mysterious beach called Sattin Shore. Well worth reading.
on 3 August 1999
I first read this book when I was about ten, and was unable to put it down. The atmosphere and mood were entirely in keeping with the story, which grips you from beginning to end. The story is haunting and memorable, and beautifully told. I haven't read it for ten years now,yet I still remember it as being one of the first books that I completely lost myself in.
on 18 February 2012
Read this book many years ago.I was totally hooked from beginning to end.It changed the the way I felt about books.Now I am buying it for my daughter who is 9 years old. I am hoping she gets as much enjoyment from it as I did.
on 26 June 2014