Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 December 2002
This is a beautiful book. Not only does it deal with numbers up to 10, but the artwork is a superb illustration of an African village and its surrounding wildlife, with a wonderful surprise ending.
My little boy's delighted smile when we re-discover no. 10 each time says it all.
on 26 May 2017
As described, very pleased
on 15 May 2017
Excellent story, my baby enjoys the book very much, colourful pictures, interesting story and very good for learning numbers 1-10. Highly recommend this especially as a bedtime story.
on 27 May 2017
great story!
on 29 April 2017
My class children love this story and love counting all the creatures Handa finds.
on 22 August 2017
Lovely story
on 20 April 2009
I'll definitely give this book a five-star rating. Bought it for my 3 year old daughter and she absolutely loves it. Ever since I received it, a few days ago, she's asked for me to read it to her every night and she enjoys it thoroughly. It's a very colourful book as well and I love the fact that it deals with the numbers 1 to 10 using the different animals that the main character encounters. I would recommend this book to anyone, infact I'll be buying another, for my nephew - his birthday is soon approaching.
on 4 June 2017
Great book
on 24 January 2010
Every parent and teacher should have this.

Simple text with some of the most beautiful illustrations around. Great for number work in school and for teaching little ones at home too.

If you buy this, buy Handa's Surprise too. It's equally beautiful.
on 28 March 2010
Children really loved this beautiful book. As with Handas Surprise it is well illustrated and the children had good recall of the animals and loved re enacting the story great educational book as well as a good read